Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    I am super excited about the NFL draft starting tomorrow! Go Browns!
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Good luck Browns. Something has got to change for you some day? Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    If only we could get those first rounders to turn out wins. Lots of good QBs this year, and whoever we choose needs to sit behind Taylor for season at least.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Johnny Manziel is still available... :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Johnny Manziel is still available... :p

So is Kap...
  • nooshinjohn
    If I were the Browns, I might go for both. They can be had for league minimum at this point, and it would give them the ability to get some stout defensive players and a decent offensive line together pretty quickly by trading out of the first round and getting a slew of picks in the middle rounds.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Really peeved that the Vik's got rid of Keenham
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    I hope my Bears do not trade Jordon Howard! My favorite player. Dabutcher loves Dabears.

The Bears NEED new management. The McCaskey family has run that team into the ground. They have no idea what they're doing. Look at it this way, the Blackhawks got new ownership when Rocky took over and BAM! 3 championships in 5 years. The Ricketts took over from the Tribune company and got the Cubs their first title in over 100 years. It's time for the McCaskey family to step aside. Time for some new blood.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,309
    Draft starts in 6 hrs.

"And with the first pick in the 2018 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns take......"
    Sam Darnold? Saquon Barkley? Josh Allen?
  • nooshinjohn
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    Draft starts in 6 hrs.

"And with the first pick in the 2018 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns take......"

Does it really matter? The only pick I remember of theirs flamed out before he even took the field. The Browns have sucked for a decade, and will still suck a decade from now.

• Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,309
    Draft starts in 6 hrs.

Does it really matter? The only pick I remember of theirs flamed out before he even took the field. The Browns have sucked for a decade, and will still suck a decade from now.

Agreed. Not my team, I just get a kick out of watching the first round of the draft, especially the first few picks. Steelers don't pick till 28th, I probably won't last that long.
  • jeremymarcinko
    Draft starts in 6 hrs.

Yeah maybe but playoffs this year!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • nooshinjohn
    Draft starts in 6 hrs.

Ummm yeah, about that. They need to produce a win first, and then perhaps 9 or 10 more... and the key part is that they all occur within the same season.

Good luck with that.

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Draft starts in 6 hrs.

Really surprised they didn't take an RB
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • jeremymarcinko
    I’m not. We just paid decent money to bring Carlos Hyde to Cleveland and Duke Johnson had an excellent season last year.
  • jeremymarcinko
    Draft starts in 6 hrs.

Ummm yeah, about that. They need to produce a win first, and then perhaps 9 or 10 more... and the key part is that they all occur within the same season.

Good luck with that.

Yes I understand how it works.

Baker Mayfield though, I was wanting Darnold.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Browns also scored Denzel Ward.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • nooshinjohn
    I would like to be a fly on the wall when Josh Allen steps into the Bills locker room the first time...

• txcoastal1
    He was 15, he managed to get through college

I've read the tweets, some most were when he was goofing around like playing beer pong...so IMHO a blown out of proportion story. Was it wrong...yup, did he apologize...yup.

He has been in a team environment for all his life. He wouldn't have been successful if he conducted his daily life that way.
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• nooshinjohn
    Agreed, but the team captain for the Bills is already calling him out by saying he will need to do something about it when he shows up...

• txcoastal1
    All the college to pro "fish" take their licks...he'll just take a couple extra and man up of be forced out

• nooshinjohn
    Training camps are about to launch and the Vikings take yet another gut-punch before their season gets underway. Tony Sparano died today of what appears to have been a massive heart attack, after he checked himself into the hospital for chest pains just last week.

Doctors dropped the ball here, as how you don't run some major tests on a middle aged fat guy complaining of chest pain is beyond me.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/tony-sparano-went-to-hospital-with-chest-pains-on-thursday/ar-BBKWAQ6?ocid=spartanntp

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited July 2018
    I Just read that earlier R.I.P. Tony was a well respected individual and did a great job with our Oline last year. I wonder if they will give Mike Tice a chance as his replacement?
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Bears add Khalil Mack to defense to seal up an awesome off season of additions. Makes sense when their division has three of the best QB’s in the league. He cost a lot of picks but will definitely slow QB’s down. Said to be one of the top ten players in the NFL today. My son and I are more excited for this season than I can remember. Dabutcher loves DaBears! Peace. Dli5iilo2rr2v.jpeg
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Raiders fan here since 1968.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Cowboys release the second-most accurate kicker in NFL history! I don't get it!@#$%
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • ^Money. But a poor decision...
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Money is going to be the root of all evil in the NFL. These last few contracts are insane.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    edited September 2018
    Up in Mn for the gophers home opener, state fair and got a great back of house tour of the new Vikings training camp, sons neighbor is a Vikings coach...hoping for a great season for the Vikings
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    dromunds wrote: »
    Money is going to be the root of all evil in the NFL. These last few contracts are insane.

Have you checked out NBA saleries?