Juicy Music Pre amps

Options
Anyone here have any firsthand experience,, looking specifically at a Merlin
JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,032
    Options
    Mark Deneen was/is an extremely talented designer; full disclosure -- I have no ears on experience (sorry!), but I have every reason to believe that his "Juicy Music" branded phono preamps, at least, were excellent. I admire him greatly and think he's one of those hifi hardware guys who "gets it" (as an old boss of mine used to say).

I did have an interesting Mark Deneen-designed preamp for a while, but it was quite a different kettle of fish than the fairly minimalist Juicy Music hardware.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    Options
    Paragon?
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 903
    Options
    Mark designs some incredible gear. I have two friends with his Blueberry preamps. They do sound nice. I ran a Tercel phono pre for years that I really liked. I only took it out after Mark worked with me, so I could scratch build one of his designs.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,032
    Options
    Mark designed a really interesting statement preamp for ADC (Peter Pritchard) at some point. I stumbled across one on eBAY for a bargain price and bought it. It had some issues in one channel and I ultimately donated it back to Mark for his own collection (he didn't have one). It was a pretty amazing piece of hardware.

14981949771_3427eb7b58_b.jpgADC Mark Deneen B100 preamp by Mark Hardy, on Flickr