My new old speakers

2»

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Rick Cobb trades under looneytunes2001 on eBAY.
    He can also be reached by e-mail directly @ rcobb@tampabay.rr.com

oh, there's also this guy, who recently posted to a "what's the best source for surrounds" thread at AK. I wasn't too impressed with his attitude as manifested in that thread... but he did seem to know whereof he spoke. Zero experience with the guy, his business, or his surrounds, so caveat emptor:
    http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/speaker-surrounds-best-source.795349/page-3#post-11298509
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Ok, I’ll check him out depending on what mission says. Thanks!
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    There you go, re-vitalize those old girls. I love Mission.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    I’m looking for some help with this project. I think the tweeters have lost their ferrofluid. I think there is a way that I can put new ferrofluid in them, but I think that they are already on borrowed time even if you don’t think about the dried up ferrofluid. I heard that scanspeak has a drop in replacement tweeter but I can’t find it. I’m going to continue to look, but I thought I would see if any of you guys know what it is. I believe that the original is a Vifa D26 (?) tweeter, but I’ll open them up later to be sure.
    Thanks