Incoming! Finally, the French are coming!

Joey_V
Joey_V Posts: 8,505
edited April 2018 in 2 Channel Audio
Anyway, after a period of waiting, the units are ready for shipment and have shipped as of 2 days ago. I think the seller went above and beyond and really packed them well.

I hope it works out.

I've always wanted to try the French out.... now I have a cosmopolitan house.

And @mrbiron .... these will not burn/burst into flames!

xwfrjk3q2s90.jpeg
1clx045phnnu.jpeg
gkxhz0f61soq.jpeg
ucyiuvl39u2j.jpeg
b8i8m28imzz2.jpeg
fsds7g3t5yns.jpeg
Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
Post edited by Joey_V on

Comments

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Are we talking the Kanta?
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I am French and your scaring me! what are you talking about? Speakers? what are french speakers? French Wine?

These wine colored Glasses That I'm looking thru show only the beauty and they hide all the truth!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Hahaha.....look at all that combustible cardboard! ;)

Thems is pretty. Have fun.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited April 2018
    wait a minute you didnt have pics when i logged on :)

Now you are trying to make me out to be re-a-something!

Hope you bring your DAC to the Fight via my setup room or i have to CALL YOU OUT TO BE A POSER ;)
    don't let me down Brother. I will see you in a few weeks!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • mikeyb128
    There weren’t any pics for me either!

Kids play room speakers have arrived!
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited April 2018
    In order to get the best out of a French loudspeaker, make sure they are set up in the proper "Maginot-line" configuration. If you don't the soundstage can be disorganized, scattered and then just collapse.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Joey_V
    I definitely look forward to the French...

My wife has been asking what’s coming as the gameroom is speaker-less... I’ve tried to explain it in as few words as possible.

I don’t like getting in trouble
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Joey_V wrote: »

My wife has been asking what’s coming as the gameroom is speaker-less... I’ve tried to explain it in as few words as possible.

You actually typed this????
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    So.... what speakers are they? Cant wait to see pics and hear what you have to say about them.

Many moons ago i sold Focal car audio for CarToys in Colorado. Always loved them. Their kevlar K series were outstanding.

Always wanted to give some JM Labs/Focal home audio a try.

Hope you give you goose bumps!
  • Joey_V
    edited April 2018
    rpf65 wrote: »

You actually typed this????

Yes.

I have learned to be like a ninja, I deflect and avoid. If I stay on an audio topic for too long, I can get in trouble. If I change the subject quickly then things go smoothly.

:)
  • Joey_V
    CH46E wrote: »
    So.... what speakers are they? Cant wait to see pics and hear what you have to say about them.

Many moons ago i sold Focal car audio for CarToys in Colorado. Always loved them. Their kevlar K series were outstanding.

Always wanted to give some JM Labs/Focal home audio a try.

Hope you give you goose bumps!

Focal Kanta 2

Well reviewed and looks pretty cool, I hope it passes WAF
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,558
    What color did you get? That will determine the WAF.

focal-kanta-no-2-speakers-f00.png
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Ouvre la boite! Ouvre la boite!*

*Inspired by a Monty Python skit and translated to proper language to fit the theme of this thread.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Ah, the "freedom" speakers. :)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Focals are quite popular in their native land. They recently celebrated “Focal Day” on the streets of Paris, highlighted by the raising of the company’s flag on the Eifel Tower..

0blttg233pkm.jpeg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    John conveniently forgets that France once ruled England and had colonies all over the world. During WWII the French resistance helped win the war. They also gave us the Statue of Liberty. You might want to show a bit more respect to a great nation of people.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mikeyb128
    I was ignoring the poor taste in jokes on this one!

Congrats on the Focals Joey. I’m addicted to mine!
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• Viking64
    Boy, some people really need to go to their "safe place".
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Mikeyb128 is French-Canadian....dig it?

• Viking64
    lightman1 wrote: »
    So am I.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    lightman1 wrote: »

I call B.S., he's a transplanted Irishman with a yankin' for beer and potatoes. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Looking forward to the review Joey, what's in the cards for front end electronics for these ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mikeyb128

I bet my safe place is safer than your safe place.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    I bet you'll love em. Can't get enough of my arias
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,558
    tumblr_mox4xwk2sc1qkmhmko1_500.gif
    mikeyb128 wrote: »

• Viking64
    mikeyb128 wrote: »

Dat eez a good ting, dare, no? :p
  • mikeyb128
    1zcohcmo3h8j.gif
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited April 2018
  • Joey_V
    edited April 2018
    tonyb wrote: »
    Looking forward to the review Joey, what's in the cards for front end electronics for these ?

My goal is warmer but still good for
    The kids

Parasound JC1 stack is what I’m aiming for. Will that happen? Only 1 person knows.

And that ain’t me.

That’s Melissa, CEO CFO CIA Exexutive Chairman
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    tonyb wrote: »

My goal is warmer but still good for
    The kids

Parasound JC1 stack is what I’m aiming for. Will that happen? Only 1 person knows.

And that ain’t me.

That’s Melissa, CEO CFO CIA Exexutive Chairman

have you thought about the new parasound amp coming out?
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156