On a binge again...

1246

Comments

  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,780
    Ok so I'm way late on the RTA 11 pics, but y'all know what they look like.

    Anywho, just brought home a steal of a deal CS-350... Why didn't I find one earlier!?! This thing is awesome!

    If this is just a taste of what the SRT center can do... I need one... Yesterday! :D
    But they're hen's teeth so it's either be patient, or make my own...
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,090
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Ok so I'm way late on the RTA 11 pics, but y'all know what they look like.

    Anywho, just brought home a steal of a deal CS-350... Why didn't I find one earlier!?! This thing is awesome!

    If this is just a taste of what the SRT center can do... I need one... Yesterday! :D
    But they're hen's teeth so it's either be patient, or make my own...

    Congrats on you purchase of one of the best centers out there! :p

    NOW...you should pull each woofer out and check the spiders for glue not holding anymore. Maybe half a spider might be loose. You don't want to burn a voice coil out on those rare woofers. SERIOUSLY. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,780
    Will do, thanks for the heads up.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,780
    FML!!!!!!!!

    Not even 24 hrs after I bring the CS-350 home, one of the cats decides it's a jungle gym and flips it off it's temp place on my TV sub..... On to it's face... :s :'( 5 of 6 of the grill pins are snapped off in the front bezel. The vinyl on the face has 2 gashes in it. Fortunately none of the driver seized.


    So, now I need to repair it AND kill a cat. The hardest part is to decide which to do first.
  • mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,621
    How many you got? You might not even notice if one goes missing.
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
  • verbverb Posts: 3,351
    FestYboy wrote: »
    FML!!!!!!!!

    Not even 24 hrs after I bring the CS-350 home, one of the cats decides it's a jungle gym and flips it off it's temp place on my TV sub..... On to it's face... :s :'( 5 of 6 of the grill pins are snapped off in the front bezel. The vinyl on the face has 2 gashes in it. Fortunately none of the driver seized.


    So, now I need to repair it AND kill a cat. The hardest part is to decide which to do first.

    Cat! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,780
    I have 6, but sure only one of 3 did it, the other 3 aren't interested in jumping up on the stuff in that area. So I'm at an impass on the feline eradication issue...


    Anyone have experience repairing the grill pins? Should I just go magnetic mount? Velcro? Other ideas?
  • verbverb Posts: 3,351
    I haven't done it yet, but I have an RT35i grille with a couple of broken pins. I have the pins, both have a clean break. My plan was to drill a small hole 1/16" diameter in both the broken pin and frame, and use the same diameter music wire inserted in both pin and frame. I planned to epoxy everything back in place.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,780
    ^ I was thinking the same, only smaller drill shanks.
  • verbverb Posts: 3,351
    That would work. The key is to get the music wire in there to reinforce it, otherwise it'll probably snap off again. Dang cats! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,780
    edited April 21
    verb wrote: »
    Dang cats! :smile:

    That wasn't my adjective for them... >:)
    In fact, I believe it was a few adverbs :*
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,780
    Fired it up, one side of the MWs weren't active, but I lucked out and only one of the fastons came loose.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,090
    verb wrote: »
    I haven't done it yet, but I have an RT35i grille with a couple of broken pins. I have the pins, both have a clean break. My plan was to drill a small hole 1/16" diameter in both the broken pin and frame, and use the same diameter music wire inserted in both pin and frame. I planned to epoxy everything back in place.

    That's what I used to do on quite a few. I think I used an 1/8" dia. drill bit. It's been a while since my round-up and complete renewal of all broken grillpegs.

    I forget what type of pin material I used. It's been that long ago. I do know it wasn't music wire. But what I did use, WORKED beautifully. I mostly had a lot of JBL pegs to fix. Some Polks too. I think they were easily broken by idiots without patience. :#
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,845
    I feed 2-3 cat's to Chester a week.
    Whats your address?
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,283
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    cat's
    cat is?

  • verbverb Posts: 3,351
    Punctuation Police on the prowl again! @Viking64's that's :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,283
    verb wrote: »
    Punctuation Police on the prowl again! @Viking64's that's :smile:

    Nah, just giving it back a little at a time. HAHAHAHAHA
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,845
    edited April 22
    Auto correct says it's right so who am I to argue. Would you like me to fix it so your OCD stays manageable?
    I have 787 seconds so make it quick like
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,283
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Auto correct says it's right so who am I to argue. Would you like me to fix it so your OCD stays manageable?
    I have 787 seconds so make it quick like

    I just think it's funny that you try to make it look like my reading comprehension is poor and then have to rely on auto-correct to tell you whether your punctuation and grammar is correct or not. :p

    I'm sorry I hurt your widdle feewings. :'(
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,845
    Trust me Jim you hurt nothing. I could care less. 99.9% of the time autocorrect is turned off, unless my phone has a software update. That happened last night and i promptly turned it off when i noticed the change.

    So cat is it is wtf cares
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,283
    edited April 22
    Now your just been a jerk's.

    x0d0ebg3c4rh.jpg
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,845
    edited April 22
    .....
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,780
    Really!? This thread is about Me, and I'm going to be selfish about it. :p
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,283
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Really!? This thread is about Me, and I'm going to be shellfish about it. :p

    *fixed :p

    pscu1j7jf1eg.jpg
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,803
    I haven't bought any speakers in over a month. I think that I might have shot my wad. I guess the only thing I have to do now is sell most, if not all my stash, for cheap. ;)
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11T X2 pairs, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,780
    la2vegas wrote: »
    I haven't bought any speakers in over a month. I think that I might have shot my wad. I guess the only thing I have to do now is sell most, if not all my stash, for cheap. ;)

    Interested!!! Lol


    And in with $1.83 before Russ can say anything ;)
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,803
    edited April 22
    FestYboy wrote: »
    la2vegas wrote: »
    I haven't bought any speakers in over a month. I think that I might have shot my wad. I guess the only thing I have to do now is sell most, if not all my stash, for cheap. ;)

    Interested!!! Lol


    And in with $1.83 before Russ can say anything ;)

    Only problem is the shipping might kill you. :/
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11T X2 pairs, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,283
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Only problem is the shipping might kill you. :/

    Just provide proper air holes and a few bags of Fritos in the box.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,780
    la2vegas wrote: »
    FestYboy wrote: »
    la2vegas wrote: »
    I haven't bought any speakers in over a month. I think that I might have shot my wad. I guess the only thing I have to do now is sell most, if not all my stash, for cheap. ;)

    Interested!!! Lol


    And in with $1.83 before Russ can say anything ;)

    Only problem is the shipping might kill you. :/

    I wonder how much a POD would cost...
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,803
    FestYboy wrote: »
    la2vegas wrote: »
    FestYboy wrote: »
    la2vegas wrote: »
    I haven't bought any speakers in over a month. I think that I might have shot my wad. I guess the only thing I have to do now is sell most, if not all my stash, for cheap. ;)

    Interested!!! Lol


    And in with $1.83 before Russ can say anything ;)

    Only problem is the shipping might kill you. :/

    I wonder how much a POD would cost...

    Way to go! Now you're thinking outside the box, or is it inside the box?
    Whatever, you know what I mean.
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11T X2 pairs, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!