2.3 for center channell bi amped on 5x425?

13»

Comments

• SDA1C
    SDA1C Posts: 2,069
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    SDA1C wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I'll rescue your 11t. Say the word.
    Not supposed to post without a price....

Who said anything about money, rescue is a heroic gesture

Pffft. Me.
    Too much **** to list....
  • SDA1C
    Better yet. You drive from tx to spokane....ill give them to you.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Fb subs alone are 132 db. 11t dont stand a chance. Lol

Just because they can reach that level doesn't mean they have to play at that level... The 11s can easily hit 100+dB, and in the room size you have, that should be more than adequate. Pressurizing that room to 130+dB will break things, including your ears.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    If you could some how drive the SDA's out of phase, that would give you the time delay and hall effect... Or would make it sound like total ship. You be the judge.

Wait you are in Spokane??? If your giving anything away, I'll drive there. You're only about 2 1/2 hours from me
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • SDA1C
    Ill give them to txcoastal only. Good try though...
  • FestYboy
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124

I live in Oregon
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • SDA1C

I live in Oregon

Bummer lol
  • audioluvr
    I live in Oregon

Sounds like you should expect some company... :D
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • kcoc321
    kcoc321 Posts: 1,788
    Here's a b stock k153 that would be timber matched to your k12. Sell8ng the 2.3 and 11t should get you close to the $$.
    http://www.proaudiostar.com/qsc-kw153.html
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    kcoc321 wrote: »
    timber matched

Is that when the wood is the same?
  • FestYboy
    edited March 2018
  • SDA1C
    kcoc321 wrote: »
    Here's a b stock k153 that would be timber matched to your k12. Sell8ng the 2.3 and 11t should get you close to the $$.
    http://www.proaudiostar.com/qsc-kw153.html

Considered 2 k8 for the center. The k15 pair is in next years budget as well as the touch mix but cabinets are too big for center duty.
  • SDA1C
    audioluvr wrote: »
    I live in Oregon

Hell of a trip to texas first but if you do drive from texas to spokane theyre yours.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I live in Oregon

Hell of a trip to texas first but if you do drive from texas to spokane theyre yours.

Sounds like a great idea Ron... I hear the Griswolds are planning another road trip and have room for one more person.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    I live in Oregon

Sounds like a great idea Ron... I hear the Griswolds are planning another road trip and have room for one more person.

I'm looking on autotrader right now :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • SDA1C
    For what. A "new to you" 2014 Chevy Silverado? Low miles?

Is this an eww scarry topic or what? 2.3 in place up stairs already bi amped. Movin 400lb of gear up stairs and a raft of **** from the wife for a 3day audition?

Nobody tried this????? Ever? 14k watts 8 ohm in one room? Effn SRT cant even do that!
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    I haven’t figured out the “bi-amp*” part - that’s* what caught my attention. Read my sig for why
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Your ears cannot distinguish the miniscule delay that occurs between the left signal and the right SDA signs (at the speed of light (186k mps), 15ft is nothing.
    The speed of light, hmmmmm..
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • audioluvr
    Generously rounded to 1:10,000th of a second...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    The bass works just fine without the SDA interconnect cable. That's the point of the SDA inductors which are sometimes changed to a lower-DCR inductor to improve bass response.

If you drive a pair of SDA speakers with a mono signal, there is no SDA effect*. You can leave the cable connected, or remove it. If it's removed, there's no issue with common-grounding, although with a mono signal there shouldn't be a problem with grounding even with the cable connected. For all I know, the QVC amps are appropriately common-ground anyway.

*But of course someone is going to start up the "SDA is not an "effect"" argument.
  • FestYboy
    warren wrote: »
    Your ears cannot distinguish the miniscule delay that occurs between the left signal and the right SDA signs (at the speed of light (186k mps), 15ft is nothing.

This referring to the electrical signal within the circuit... All electrical signals run at SoL
  • SDA1C
    gp4jesus wrote: »
    I haven’t figured out the “bi-amp*” part - that’s* what caught my attention. Read my sig for why

The bi amped part is as they are connected now. just jump the signal for the center out on the oppo to 4 of 5 channels in the sig425. curious about feed back splitting a mono 4 times. If no one has tried it i guess Ill have to sneak up on the idea and find out if there are adverse effects on my own.

• SDA1C
    warren wrote: »

Im sure weve covered this but to refresh...the time delay is not noticed in the crossover board signal it is in the speed of sound as it travels from the drivers to your ears. and yes, there is a noticeable difference if standing from one side to another even with a mono signal.
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    gp4jesus wrote: »

The bi amped part is as they are connected now. just jump the signal for the center out on the oppo to 4 of 5 channels in the sig425. curious about feed back splitting a mono 4 times. If no one has tried it i guess Ill have to sneak up on the idea and find out if there are adverse effects on my own.
    im still missin’ It

Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work