a quick question about Isolation devices

Options
A gentleman up here in Canada makes some very nice roller blocks for a decent price. I'm thinking of buying 2 sets of 3 to try under my DAC and pre. I'm using BDR cones right now under my preamp only.

What do people here use? Research shows the roller block method seems to be the most effective, and looks very interesting. Looking
For cost effective devices Under 100 bucks per item. My rack is filled with sand, dynamat on cross bars and under shelves. With thick bamboo boards Under each component.

Comments

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    I'll go first. What's a roller block?
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    I'll go first. What's a roller block?

In roller derby, when you block an opponent so your teammate can pass them and score a point. This concept does not apply to Rollerball, wherein points are scored by placing the steel ball into the goal hole.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    I use blocks of wood. I roll them in place
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    edited April 2018
    Options
    phanhuyen wrote: »
    A gentleman up here in Canada makes some very nice roller blocks for a decent price. I'm thinking of buying 2 sets of 3 to try under my DAC and pre. I'm using BDR cones right now under my preamp only.

What do people here use? Research shows the roller block method seems to be the most effective, and looks very interesting. Looking
    For cost effective devices Under 100 bucks per item. My rack is filled with sand, dynamat on cross bars and under shelves. With thick bamboo boards Under each component.

Is it ingress Audio engineering? I have some of his roller blocks and I really like them. The BDR cones are very good, I have those also. For the price I think they are worth trying. I would put his against symposium roller blocks any day of the week, and Mikes are only a fraction of the price.
    Post edited by mikeyb128 on
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.