Which headphones?

2»

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    That's funny you mention the MSR7. That seems to bee one of the "reference" sets of ATHs when people are comparing. It was in the three sets mentioned in the HeadFi review I read, iirc.

Man, I'm really beginning to understand how people end up with multiple sets of headphones. You almost have to try them all out for yourself to see which you like best.

What was it you liked better about the 40s?
    I disabled signatures.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Of all the AT cans I like the M50X the most, they are not what I'd call reference or audiophile quality as they are a bit uneven sounding but I find them a fun listen as I prefer a warmer sounding headphone.
  • Mr. Sharpe
    Mr. Sharpe Posts: 1,354
    msg wrote: »

Man, I'm really beginning to understand how people end up with multiple sets of headphones. You almost have to try them all out for yourself to see which you like best.

Looks like I’m heading that way real quick like too hahaha I can see it all now, I’ll have to put a nice little 20’ wife shelf up I. The living room with a good 30 pairs lined up on it :p
    Home theater:
    43” Westinghouse Displayer
    Marantz UD-7007 Player
    Emotiva MC-700 Processor
    Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
    Parasound Zamp Amplifier
    Ethereal ESO-1 Power Conditioner
    Klipsch RC-10 Center
    Klipsch R34c Fronts
    Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
    Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo:
    Polk audio RTA-12c’s fully upgraded crossovers
    DIY 12tc braided speaker cables
    Denon DVD-5910ci Spinner
    Parasound P6 Preamplifer
    Parasound HCA -1500a Amplifier
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    msg wrote: »
    That's funny you mention the MSR7. That seems to bee one of the "reference" sets of ATHs when people are comparing. It was in the three sets mentioned in the HeadFi review I read, iirc.

What was it you liked better about the 40s?

@msg Scott, I am not good with words but congested and constipated come to mind. These are the worst sounding cans that I have. After giving them a good run in I wanted to sell them but in good conscience I couldn't. I have the Gun Metal ones that look really good and I use them to accessorize when I wear brown shoes. I don't own any brown shoes. :#
  • Mr. Sharpe
    Very pleased

m5c3mw4hl02g.jpeg
    Home theater:
    Marantz UD-7007 Player
    Emotiva MC-700 Processor
    Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
    Parasound Zamp Amplifier
    Klipsch RC-10 Center
    Klipsch R34c Fronts
    Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
    Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo:
    Denon DVD-5910ci Spinner
    Parasound P6 Preamplifer
  • Mr. Sharpe
    Meh these were extra $70 as an open box item so it didn’t much to me either way:)
    Home theater:
    Marantz UD-7007 Player
    Emotiva MC-700 Processor
    Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
    Parasound Zamp Amplifier
    Klipsch RC-10 Center
    Klipsch R34c Fronts
    Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
    Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo:
    Denon DVD-5910ci Spinner
    Parasound P6 Preamplifer
  • afterburnt
    edited April 2018
    Mr. Sharpe wrote: »
    Meh these were extra $70 as an open box item so it didn’t much to me either way:)

I don't know what that means but I'm putting it in my sig.
  • Mr. Sharpe
    Hahaha Oops sorry I meant to say it didn’t matter much the price difference I mean. My bad
    Home theater:
    Marantz UD-7007 Player
    Emotiva MC-700 Processor
    Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
    Parasound Zamp Amplifier
    Klipsch RC-10 Center
    Klipsch R34c Fronts
    Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
    Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo:
    Denon DVD-5910ci Spinner
    Parasound P6 Preamplifer
  • afterburnt
    Ok so you did not pay extra for an open box item?
  • Mr. Sharpe
    They cost 270. I mean pretty much everywhere I looked they were over $350-$400 new. I think these were a demo. I had originally planned to get headphones and the caps to finish upgrading my speakers but ended up spending it all on the headphones. Glad I did because they sound unreal, fifty times better than what I’ve used in the past.
    Home theater:
    Marantz UD-7007 Player
    Emotiva MC-700 Processor
    Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
    Parasound Zamp Amplifier
    Klipsch RC-10 Center
    Klipsch R34c Fronts
    Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
    Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo:
    Denon DVD-5910ci Spinner
    Parasound P6 Preamplifer
  • I love a hidden surprise,

I was at my desktop doing a bit of gaming when I got bored and wanted to listen to some music. The wife was napping on the couch, so I knew I could use the HT rig or the 2 channel in the living room. I had a choice of going up stairs or go out on the patio, Then for the heck of it I found some Hi res files on the desktop and clicked on the Groove Music app in my win10. What came next was a smooth sound of rich tones I would have never thought I would get from a set of gaming headphones. I use the Turtle beach Earforce Tango connected to a Sound Blaster PCI Z card. These are over the ear closed style cans that block out most outside noise when I am gaming, my wife hates it cause she can't get my attention at all. They are Bluetooth so I don't have to worry about cord length, I just need to setup the app to access the MYcloud storage drive to get my full collection.

wv2lhiqqapv9.jpg
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX