Hello Everyone

Options
Hi everyone,
Hope you're having a great Monday. Just want to say hi and introduce myself. I used to hang out here a lot. One day I came back, tried to log in, and found out I was banned. I contacted Polk and was told that it happened during construction of the new forums and gave me another email to contact in order to re-activate my account. I decided to just start fresh and return as Moss Man :smile:

I recently got back into 2ch audio after the longest time. I used to be into tubes and horns, especially single ended triodes. I sort of began to lose interest around 2012. I got a few pairs of speakers between 2012 and 2013, but I was pretty much done by 2014.

I sold off a lot of equipment and only kept a pair of LSi9, RT1000p and a modern H/K stereo receiver.

For the past 4 years, I've been using a DVD player for cd playback, a H/K 3390, and my favorite Polks, the vintage RT1000p. Its been a very long time since I was able to enjoy music this much again. It's good to be back here and into audio.

Looking forward to chatting with you guys about audio. :smile: I'll have to look around and see if I notice any members from the times I used to frequent.

Comments

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    Options
    You have an action figure named after you!

foy86srg2t5b.jpg
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    edited April 2018
    Options
    ^^ Now THAT is some cool ****! ^^ - and welcome back!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Welcome back Mossy!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,598
    Options
    Welcome back. Post up some pics of your setup!
  • Moss_Man
    Moss_Man Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks guys! LOL The moss on that action figure looks just like the real thing. I went with moss because I'm into aquatic plants and love them in aquariums. Being the "Heroic Guardian of Nature" does sound better than the aquarium guy hehe
  • dolbyd
    dolbyd Posts: 430
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Welcome back! The Forum is a great place.
    Especially for your wallet.
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3
  • Moss_Man
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Welcome back. Post up some pics of your setup!

Oooh, you don't want that. Trust me! lol. I'll wait until I get everything cleaned up and post some pics.
    After I got out of audio in 2014, I decided to become an artist. Been painting in the same audio room since then. There are tubes of paint everywhere, paint smears on the carpet, canvases, etc lol. At the moment, there is a large painting and float frame leaning against the right speaker lol.
    I'm working on getting the whole place cleaned up :smile: .

• Moss_Man
    edited April 2018
    Options
    dolbyd wrote: »
    Welcome back! The Forum is a great place.
    Especially for your wallet.

hahaha I told myself never again. I'm going to stick to the lower end stuff now just to play around. My next purchase will most likely be a pair of small Klipsch Reference bookshelfs. I used to own a pair of La Scala that I really miss whenever I think about it.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,554
    Options
    Welcome back.
    What was your previous name here?
  • Moss_Man
    Options
    Thanks Pitdogg! It was Organ. Now, your name sounds familiar.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Moss_Man wrote: »
    Being the "Heroic Guardian of Nature" does sound better than the aquarium guy hehe

No. No. Not really... I think you're safe there. Welcome back though.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    Options
    Mosman is the part of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia where the zoo is located. From there, you can see the bridge and the opera house across the harbour. (Yeah, you gotta spell it like that.)

0pb2j4imh2wr.png
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    You have an action figure named after you!

foy86srg2t5b.jpg

Now if someone could photoshop the moss and put Russ.... That's the closest I've come to seeing him in person.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options

Your screen name still exists if you do a search for “organ” it just fell into a state of banned when the forum swapped over to Vanilla. I would contact @KennethSwauger and see if he can reinstate your account.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • pitdogg2
    edited April 2018
    Options

I remember you
    mrbiron wrote: »

Your screen name still exists if you do a search for “organ” it just fell into a state of banned when the forum swapped over to Vanilla. I would contact @KennethSwauger and see if he can reinstate your account.
    Yep I'd do this many have had to after the switch

• monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Options
  • Willow
    Options
    I definitely remember Organ, welcome back!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Welcome back....buckle up and dive in.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Clipdat
    Options
    261f2c7f299ddd20a091f940f1749e518251f5ea3b29b5970b2ca76c12c83965.jpg
    After I got out of audio in 2014, I decided to become an artist. Been painting in the same audio room since then. There are tubes of paint everywhere, paint smears on the carpet, canvases, etc lol. At the moment, there is a large painting and float frame leaning against the right speaker lol.
    I'm working on getting the whole place cleaned up :smile: .

• Moss_Man
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    Thanks! Aah yes! I do remember you, Willow!
    @Viking64 Very interesting. The view is quite different as a giraffe there lol.
    @pitdogg2 Wonderful! I knew I saw you around quite a bit before.
    Thank you for the tips, guys! I've thought about contacting Ken, but it's no biggie. Doesn't bother me to use this new account. And I like the name Moss Man :smile: .
    Bwahahaha, that pic is hilarious! I do straight abstract and recently started figurative and portraits in abstract (like my avatar).
    This is the kind of abstracts I do. Everyone who has seen this particular piece (non audio people), told me it reminds them of a record player.opx0l9tngvog.jpg

• Clipdat
    Options
    It reminds me of several things. A lot going on there. Cool stuff.
  • pitdogg2
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Thank you for the tips, guys! I've thought about contacting Ken, but it's no biggie. Doesn't bother me to use this new account. And I like the name Moss Man :smile: .
    Bwahahaha, that pic is hilarious! I do straight abstract and recently started figurative and portraits in abstract (like my avatar).
    This is the kind of abstracts I do. Everyone who has seen this particular piece (non audio people), told me it reminds them of a record player.opx0l9tngvog.jpg

Can you say shrooms lol
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Can you say shrooms lol

I'm trippin' just looking at it.

Welcome back!
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 748
    Options
    I like the picture very much.
    I'll also welcome you back, though still a newbie, and your prior "service" pretty much puts you into veteran status.
    2 Channel "Polk" Room:

Marantz PM8004 Integrated
    Marantz SA8004 SACD Player
    Music Hall mmf 7.3 TT with Ortofon Bronze
    WiiM Mini
    Schiit Bifrost with Multibit Upgrade
    Polk 7B with RDO198s
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Hello Organ, looking at your action figure I see why they call you that. A fig leaf wasn't gonna do it.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Hello Organ, looking at your action figure I see why they call you that. A fig leaf wasn't gonna do it.
    Post of the day!

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    Options
    Moss Man? It sounds like Organ needs some manscaping.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    Welcome back Organ/Moss_Man!! :smile:
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,005
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »

Now that's friggin' hilarious. Nice one.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • Willow
    Options
    Do you have a link to your art?