BW 702S2 vs Ascend Sierra: this guy went over the top with the review

Options
http://www.windermere.info/speakers.html

I gotta say, I've done a lot of speaker listening and reviewing in my day, but this one is quite well done. It's way beyond what I would do when I post my opinion on a system or speaker sound.

Even if you're not a fan of either brand, take a look at this guy's review and method and documentation. He really spent some time with this.

I respect this guy.

Thumbs up.
Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound

Comments

• Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 748
    Options
    Great review. I've always wanted a set of B&Ws but I know some reviewers don't like them. I went to Ascend a couple of years ago with my twins, both trained musicians with critical years.
    The RAAL towers were breathtaking but way out of my budget. I ended up with the Sierra 2s, a bookie with some of the same characteristics as the towers reviewed here.
    We need more folks like this reviewer, who use their ears to pick their gear without regard for brand names.
    2 Channel "Polk" Room:

Marantz PM8004 Integrated
    Marantz SA8004 SACD Player
    Music Hall mmf 7.3 TT with Ortofon Bronze
    WiiM Mini
    Schiit Bifrost with Multibit Upgrade
    Polk 7B with RDO198s
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,519
    Options
    I would be hesitant to cross out Bowers based on my experience. The room, the equipment have to be right. The 702S2 is a good unit.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Jaybeez
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    I would be hesitant to cross out Bowers based on my experience. The room, the equipment have to be right. The 702S2 is a good unit.

Yeah, I'll probably pick up some B&Ws at some point. Have liked them for a long time. Of course one of the names matches my surname so maybe it's that ....
    Post edited by Jaybeez on
    2 Channel "Polk" Room:

WiiM Mini
    Polk 7B with RDO198s
  • Jaybeez
    Options
    BTW, it might be worth noting the Ascends are about 1/2 the price of the B&Ws. The guy who founded Ascend was an engineer at M&K and those were good speaks back in the day.
    2 Channel "Polk" Room:

WiiM Mini
    Polk 7B with RDO198s