Replacement tweeter for Eosone RSF 600

Just bought a pair of Eosone RSF 600 towers with a ripped tweeter. Looking to buy an OEM replacement or opinions on aftermarket replacements.

I found these:

https://www.parts-express.com/peerless-by-tymphany-d19td-05-3-4-poly-dome-tweeter--264-500

Opinions?
My first exposure to Polk was back in 1986 or so. Walked into Audio Craft in Westlake, OH and a salesman was playing Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast through a set of SDA-SRS's...LOUD. Hooked ever since.

Current Setup:
  • Speakers: Polk SDA-SRS 2.3TL (mains), Polk M5 (center), Polk SDA-1C's (rears), Definitive Technology Reference Supercube sub
  • A/V: Sunfire TGIV preamp, Oppo DV980h SACD/DVDA, Panasonic BDT110 Bluray, Zidoo X9S music server, Kenwood GE-4030 EQ, Carver TFM-6CB (bridged for center channel), Adcom 5400 (rears), B&K Components Reference 200.2 (front/mains).

Comments

• 36kfz3a7n35b.jpg

waa5eorc8q33.jpg

My first exposure to Polk was back in 1986 or so. Walked into Audio Craft in Westlake, OH and a salesman was playing Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast through a set of SDA-SRS's...LOUD. Hooked ever since.

Current Setup:
    • Speakers: Polk SDA-SRS 2.3TL (mains), Polk M5 (center), Polk SDA-1C's (rears), Definitive Technology Reference Supercube sub
    • A/V: Sunfire TGIV preamp, Oppo DV980h SACD/DVDA, Panasonic BDT110 Bluray, Zidoo X9S music server, Kenwood GE-4030 EQ, Carver TFM-6CB (bridged for center channel), Adcom 5400 (rears), B&K Components Reference 200.2 (front/mains).
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    If I remember correctly, Eosone used a metallized dome material for their tweeter...think a fabric impregnated with titanium.

If you replaced both tweeters, you should be fine (although the crossovers were built with that specific tweeter in mind)...at least from a timbre matching standpoint.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • It's a titanium tweeter. Feels like a thick tin foil. I would defnitely change out both if going with a different tweeter. The highs remind me of JBL from the same time period (which I'm not a huge fan of). If I could find one OEM then I would go that route. If not then I would like to go with a peerless type sound.

Current Setup:
  • I installed the peerless replacement tweeters from PE and I gotta say it is a pleasant change. Much less harsh but more precise (to my ears anyway).

Overall these Eosones image well and have a lot of bass (a little on the boomy side but not annoyingly so). The "soundfield" effect isn't as in-your-face as SDA...sort of subtle.

I may just keep these for awhile and see if they grow on me.

Current Setup: