Options
2»

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,434
    Options
    ThomasD wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    I thought C&F were fair, they picked up 2-135lb amps from KenS crated and shipped from Maryland to Houston for $900

Shipping a pair of Klipsch Heresy's from Arizona to Alaska through UPS was $500 so I kinda expect the price to be around $1000 +/-. Still waiting on C&F to get back with the quote. Just not finding many other options up here for SDA's. There is still the pair of SDA 2a/b's listed here in state. Just curious what kind of difference I could expect to hear in the sound stage between the 3.1TL's & SDA 2's(after a TL upgrade)?
    Anyone have or heard the two in a side by side comparison?

I can't compare but I used to own 2B's and loved them and I guess upgrading them to TL brings them to a whole nother level but I'd bet you'd be real happy with upgraded crossovers and RDO194's
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    Options
    You will not be disappointed with a pair of 2B's with the TL mod.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ThomasD
    ThomasD Posts: 260
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    You will not be disappointed with a pair of 2B's with the TL mod.

Since @westmassguy has the 2A's w/ TL mods also, it looks like this should be the direction I head. Certainly less expensive. Thanks

Carver M4.0t, M1.0t, M200t, TX2, C1, C2, Marantz 2230, 2010, 4070, 1030, APPJ 2013, Rega Brio, Marantz Imperial 7's, Klipsch Heresy III, Quartets, KG4's, KG1's, 'The Sixes', R-12SW, Polk SDA 2a's, Monitor 7cTL's, SDA CRS's, 4a's, Zu Audio Dirty Weekends, Pro-ject Acryl TT, Cambridge 851N, 351C, Panamax 5300PM
  • RobbyKY
    RobbyKY Posts: 117
    Options
    What F1Nut said.

The 2b's with a TL modification are sweet! Had mine since 1987 and after rebuilding about two years ago now it's like a rekindled love affair for the ears.

Robby
    Media Room: Parasound JC-5, Cambridge 851N, Schiit Freya, SDA SRS 1.2tl
    Game Room: Carver M4.0t, Carver C-4000, Oppo BDP-105, SDA SRS 1.2tl
    Bar/Card Room: Carver TFM-55, Carver C-1(BillD), Oppo BDP-93, SDA SRS 3.1
    Son's Room: Carver TFM-55, Carver C-1(BillD), Laptop/AQ Dragonfly, SDA SRS 3.1
    Bedroom: McIntosh MC150, Cambridge CXN, SDA 2Btl
    Outdoor Pool Area: Yamaha R-N803 with four Polk Atrium 6
    HT: Polk RTi A9s, CSi-A6, RT-65, RTi-A3's, Marantz SR5012, XPA3, UDP-203, Epson 5040UB

• Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    Options
    dkfreebird wrote: »
    Legender wrote: »
    Dennis... you're just wasting those rings. I'll come down and pick them up. No charge.

I thought you were throwing all your gear to the curb? I was gonna swing by and stock up on gear. :D

LOL @dkfreebird ...but then I slept on it and realized something was better than nothing and it will bridge the gap till I make my 1st $10M... then I can get the good stuff.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra