Auralic mini internal or external drive?

Anyone done an eval to see which sounds better? I have mine internal but some say that puts the noise inside. ;) sorry seizure again

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    It puts the SSD inside the enclosure or it gets the NOISE AGAIN.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    First Buffalo Bob go around the outside
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    getting a little picky now aren't we? :D
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • afterburnt
    @steveinaz figured I'd ask before I start tearing stuff apart looking for that last piece of audio nirvana
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I stuck a SSD drive in my from the very start so can't compare and I don't want to take it out to compare! I'm happy and you should be Too Bruce :p
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • afterburnt
    @voltz I am happy see? :#

Just wondering about it.
  • steveinaz
    edited April 2018
    I have always ran an external usb HDD, and have never noticed any background noise, or other "ill effects". I like the external Western Digital HDD's because they are mechanically very quiet and they power up/down automatically upon sensing a signal. Reliability? I have a 500GB WD "My Book" that's been running well over 7 years.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    When you run an external usb hard drive, is it best to use one that is powered by an AC cord or one that is powered by the usb? Or does it not matter?
  • steveinaz
    Depends on what the usb jack that you're going to use is capable of, power-wise. Probably best to get a ext hdd with it's own power supply. I like WD "MY Book" for this reason.