Official Announcement of Polk Command Bar!

Hi Polkies,

If you haven’t already heard, we’ve officially hit the pre-sale period for our new Polk Command Bar – the sound bar system with Amazon Alexa built in. Our team has put a lot of time and effort into this new product and we’re excited for it the be the first of its kind on the market. All controlled by voice, it’s safe to say this will forever change the way people interact with entertainment.

We’re giving away a FREE Command Bar – be sure to enter! http://bit.ly/polkgiveaway

And as always, stay tuned on our @POLKAUDIO social channels! Instagram - Facebook - Twitter

-Polk Audio team

https://www.facebook.com/polkaudio
https://www.twitter.com/polkaudio
https://www.instagram.com/polkaudio

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited April 2018

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    afterburnt wrote: »
    ¥

do you have a yen for something?

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Will this one chirp?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    I am glad we got a heads up. This way we can be better prepared for the rapid influx of new forum members. Maybe we should be hired to serve as Polk's CS department. :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    nbrowser wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Will this one chirp?

It'll beep, borp and laugh at the oddest moments.

I was being serious, I really wanted a Max SR for the bedroom but that chirp would PssmeOff
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    nbrowser wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Will this one chirp?

It'll beep, borp and laugh at the oddest moments.
    Sounds like those stupid Porgs from Last Jedi...

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited April 2018
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    edited April 2018
    I'm holding out for the revamped SDAs.
    I don't think Alexa spins vinyl either.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    I like the idea of a soundbar with Alexa. Looking forward to the release!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    We recently got a Signa S1 and I'm pleasantly surprised at it. Perfect for our bedroom, but honestly, this would have been a bit better, we just couldn't wait longer.

Its not a fit for most guys here, but I can see this being a big hit for the mass market (which lets be honest, we are not).
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    @KenCustomerService Might I suggest a new Soundbar forum category. Would help to keep those sort of questions focused in one area