Thinking of upgrading?

Have the itch!!!!!! I own a set of RT2000i's and am thinking of purchasing a set of Rti12's from Polk, refurbs! I like my Rt2oooi's,however i feel theres a little lacking in the mid-range at higher volume during music,which is the primary use! Anyone have any exp. with both or either? I have read good reviews on the Rti12's,but dont want to shoot myself in the foot! I run my Rt2000i's With a Onkyo TX-SR876! Info apprieciated!!!!!!!!

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    If music is the goal, then perhaps stepping away from the Referance Theater line might suit you better. If you're still looking to keep with the tower footprint, the LSi or LSiM series fall into that category. OR, if you have the room, maybe stepping back in time to the LS, or SDA with a better amp, would get you what you're looking for?
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    With that receiver, you won't have enough power for the 12's. If you want a more musical speaker, Look at the Signature line if your on a budget. S55 or S60. LSIM's if your wallet allows.

Speakers alone, while they play a big part, are not the only reason you hear what you hear. Your source components , source material, and cables will also contribute significantly.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    Also your room plays a part as well. Many listening rooms need some treatment.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    If all you are powering your speakers with is that receiver, please do yourself a favor and get an amplifier. At least 200wpc @ 8ohms. Look for Parasound, Sunfire, Rotel, and others.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    If it's just music, please stay away from RTi series. They are made for home theater. The signature series or LSi are much better speakers for music. A set of Signature S60 will fill the need very nice. S20 bookshelf on stands with a good SVS or HSU sub would also work.

Your AVR would not drive the RTi either, they like a lot of power.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music