Latest Netflix find

Comments

• Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    tonyb wrote: »

Also, who's watching American Gods?

[/quote]

Haven't seen a release date for Season 2 of AG yet. The first season started near end of April, so hopefully it will be somewhere around that date.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    steveinaz wrote: »
    "PARENTHOOD" is a must see series. Outstanding.

the wife and I watched the first season, and yes I agree it was very good. But we have four young children and stressful jobs and that show hit too close to home so we stopped at the end of season one!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    Money Heist. Pretty good. Original in Spanish so not sure how much can be lost in translation.....but I'm looking forward to season 2.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Jimbo18
    I am rewatching "The West Wing", it's just written and acted so well, I enjoy every episode. Too smart for me, but still, a great show.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Has anyone watched Troy yet? It's on my list of what next
  • Jimbo18
    Willow wrote: »

Pretty good movie. You have to like Brad Pitt a lot to enjoy it, but it's got a good cast and pretty good script. Even if it was written 2000 years ago
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Jimbo18 wrote: »

Pretty good movie. You have to like Brad Pitt a lot to enjoy it, but it's got a good cast and pretty good script. Even if it was written 2000 years ago

I think he means the new Netflix series...I am also curious...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Willow
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Jimbo18 wrote: »

I think he means the new Netflix series...I am also curious...

Correct. I'll be starting it this weekend.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    I didn’t have time to read the entire thread, so forgive me if it has already been said, but both of DC’s “The Flash” and Supergirl” were pretty good IMO. That being said I don’t watch a ton of TV, pretty much only movies. I’m just annoyed that the newest seasons aren’t on Netflix (at least as of a week ago).
  • Willow
    You should read through, make the time say while on the can..... lots of good suggestions and reviews.
  • Willow
    Been watching on and off the most recent season of El Chapo. I find it pretty good.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    We've been watching The Flash lately---which I thought I would hate, but it's actually pretty good. Also checking out Zoo which I like so far...
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    I haven't looked back at this thread for quite some time, but recently a friend told me to watch "The Last Kingdom" and its great. Circa 875 A.D., Alfred the Great, Vikings, etc. The Last Kingdom is Wessex, and the series reminds me somewhat of the Vikings and is just as good if not better. Great scenery of the English countryside, great actors and character development. Very well done, BBC has involvement. Two seasons on Netflix now, with a third just about ready to view. If this has been discussed already my apologies, but I find it gets better and better as I watch.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    The Wife was watching Shameless on Netflix a while back talked me into watching it, next thing you know we binged watched it for days good stuff.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    The Crown....outstanding, well made, and interesting as heck. I used to scoff at the whole Royal Family thing but after seeing what has happened to us politically over the years, maybe the idea of a Monarchy and elected government isnt that hokie as I thought.
  • Yeah, Shameless is absolutely fantastic.

Peaky Blinders, is pretty good.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    La casa de papel was great.

Enjoyed it more in Spanish with subtitles honestly.

Dark, Rain and this are great examples of foreign shows I’d never normally pick but we’re all STELLAR!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Started watching The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix Original series) yesterday. Very good so far. First episode was a little slow, but man, I haven't seen a horror flick/show this good in a loooooooooong time.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Ozark right now, Dexter was a good series, Bloodline was pretty good.
  • EndersShadow
    Spectral was a great sci-fi movie and if you haven’t seen the lost in space reboot... something is wrong with you..
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    if you haven’t seen the lost in space reboot... something is wrong with you..

Dagnabbit, this was the entire reason I opened this thread.
    That show was great. We finished it in a week. :D and now I’m left on the edge of my seat to see what

SPOILER ALERT

to see what “Danger” is.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited October 2018
    Ozark is 2 seasons deep now and is well worth a look. Pretty dark, great scenery on the lake, lots of twists and turns. Jason Bateman's tougher than you ever knew in this one.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited October 2018
    For old people stuff, Our Souls At Night, is a nice movie. Robert Redford and Jane Fonda in their advanced ages, still make a good couple.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    The Evolution of Hip Hop released the next season. I REALLY enjoy this documentary but may not be everyone's cup of tea.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    scubalab wrote: »
    Started watching The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix Original series) yesterday. Very good so far. First episode was a little slow, but man, I haven't seen a horror flick/show this good in a loooooooooong time.

Wait til you get deeper in Al. Woohoo great show.
  • Willow
    joecoulson wrote: »
    scubalab wrote: »

Wait til you get deeper in Al. Woohoo great show.

This show has freaked my wife and I out a couple times. It's great!
  • EndersShadow
    edited December 2018
    Two GREAT series’s I found (and had to binge watch) are:

Bad Guys and Bad Guys 2: Vile City

They are Korean series but subtitles don’t bother me.

They are kinda like Korean versions of the Untouchables only IMHO MUCH BETTER.
  • Jimbo18
    If you liked Vikings, check out The Last Kingdom. I was surprised to like it, but it did take a couple episodes before I was "sold" on it.
  • Willow
    I have to admit I'm a little disappointed over the selection of Christmas shows for the kids.

I got hooked on Designated Survivor. The first season was good, the second season not so much. I find they are inserting little bits of comedy in the show which does not belong.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,963
    USA Today suggests American Vandal, You and Maniac. Time to add them to my list and check them out.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.