han15ehpah04.jpeg

UFO 54-40...

Do the Canadians know about this?

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    halo wrote: »
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Now wait a second there @halo, the first iteration of HGTTG was actually quite watchable and enjoyable, the remake however...

The first iteration wasn’t a movie, as I recall. It was an English/British made for TV movie broken up into different parts, was it not? Forgive my memory, the last time I saw that I was probably only 8 or 9 years old. I agree that the series was very well done.

However, the latest version was complete and total trash that a Vogon wouldn’t bother to deficate on.

I remember identically one thing about the feature-length movie version:

https://youtu.be/h4kklZxLFK0

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    mmm -- I am older than some of y'all, as I remember with great pleasure this V (which, admittedly, had some age on it when I first read it in the 1970s).

bewf4noy15ef.png
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    Options
    And from my own personal collection...

kz9utxbbleby.jpg
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    UFO 54-40...

Do the Canadians know about this?
    That's the slogan that helped get Matthew Polk elected president of Polk Audio! He must have been very insistent in regards to his capacitor values. :p
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    The violent Bugs Bunny cartoons were pretty darn good, too. The ones they aren't allowed to air today.

Yep... can't have the little ones watching Wylie Coyote using that ACME crap blowing things up, or Bugs Bunny stuffing a carrot down the barrel of Elmer Fudd's shotgun... way too violent.

Let's let them learn how to feel nothing when shooting and blowing things up while playing Grand Theft Auto X. No violence there right?<insert eye roll here>
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    I had the exact same hockey game...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,598
    Options
    Our society revolves around sex and violence. The sooner they understand that the better. Why try to shelter them from it and pretend it doesn't exist?
  • Hermitism
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Yep, I guess society was afraid some child was going to mail-order a dynamite filled ACME rocket and use it on their neighbor's pet roadrunner.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Our society revolves around sex and violence. The sooner they understand that the better. Why try to shelter them from it and pretend it doesn't exist?

I hope you are being funny... either that or you are NOT the father.

I will shield my son from anything I feel he has not shown himself to be ready for. It is my job as a parent to do nothing less.

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Let's not forget about these classics!
    04tyr93atrwf.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    edited April 2018
    Options
    The Three Stooges are still the best thing that was ever on TV......yuk, yuk, yuk
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    The Honeymooners ranks near the top for me, along with Groucho Marx

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    Can't believe 10 pages in and nobody had one of these...

x2chm7piptu5.jpg

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    Can't believe 10 pages in and nobody had one of these...

x2chm7piptu5.jpg

I wish I had 10 of them they are worth a mint. The Jaclyn Smith poster was pretty awesome as well. I had both
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    Options
    ^^^Yep! And Cheryl Tiegs, and Heather Thomas, and Cowboys Cheerleaders, and . . . .
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    I used to love reading these as a kid...

evokokccqx22.jpeg

Is that Jay Leno, back from the future, with one of his flying cars?

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    tfuy00gw0ea2.jpg

How could I forget! That show was killer! I tried watching the new one, but it just didn’t hold my interest... and Starbuck as a woman?? C’mon... I know, toxic masculinity... :wink:
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Hermitism
    Options
    I didn't have high hopes for the "reimagining" remake of BSG, but I gotta tell you, it ended up being really good once it got going. It was about the only Scifi show on TV for adults. They didn't add "comedy" for the little kids. Plus, Number Six/Tricia Helfer was hot.
  • Hermitism
    Options
    Conjunction junction what's your function?
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Lol... and Morgan Freeman on The Electric Company.

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited April 2018
    Options
    11 pages in and no one's mentioned D&D?!?

110198.jpg
    MDS04127.jpg
    878976.jpg
    il_570xN.1512710269_g8vp.jpg?version=1

Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I wanted one of these, but my father said: "Only hippies ride bikes like that!" :(

s5txfe25tpxw.jpg

Your dad must have gone to the same buzz kill school as mine...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Still playing with cranes... Albiet much larger.

el04ddzgi6i0.jpg
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    halo wrote: »
    11 pages in and no one's mentioned D&D?!?

It's the nerd stigma. I'm proud to be a nerd! ;)

Second Edition was the latest when I started.

51qGf2dEVyL._SX378_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I never really got into seriously though. I mostly prefer my RPG's in video game form.

Dragon Warrior 1, 2, and 3 complete in box for NES. Still haven't ran into the rare Dragon Warrior 4 complete in box yet.

BcaAjOi.jpg

Phantasy Star 4 on the Sega Genesis as well as Final Fantasy 3 and Chrono Trigger on Super Nintendo.

jJGXqHY.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Hermitism
    Options
    Here's a couple I can barely remember when I was really young. The witch's castle, which I think was made out of vinyl. I remember it having a rubbery smell. I remember that movie coming on TV every spring, it was an event. That was the only movie that ever truly scared me because I saw it at such a young age. And yes, I have it on Blu-ray and DVD.

82w3o02xqjx3.jpg

Winnie The Poo... Weebles wooble but they don't fall down. They do however break when thrown as a projectile.

4rqsbkox8zrm.jpg