Monitor 10 value.

Options
I have a friend who is finally letting go of his Monitor 10's, and looking for a fair value to ask.
They are in what I would call average condition, no major cosmetic flaws, with the attached stands.
All of the mid/low drivers are good, they have the sl-2000 abominations, with one being blown.
I am thinking of picking them up to have a project, and looked around online.... finding prices from $150 to over $400. My mind is saying no more than $150, but I don't think I'm very good at valuation.
Thanks for any advice.
Polk Lsi9
N.E.W. A-20 class A 20W
NAD 1020 completely refurbished
Keces DA-131 mk.II
Analysis Plus Copper Oval, Douglass, Morrow SUB3, Huffman Digital
Paradigm DSP-3100 v.2

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    The last 2 pair of 10s I aquired were in like condition... One pair being 10As with the peerless, only spent $50 per pair and they came with stands. All drivers working.

Him being a friend, I'd com in a bit higher, but not $150, that's RTA 11 territory, or pristine 7A.

IMHO
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,048
    Options
    Last pair of 10As I bought were $125.
    Peerless tweeters. All drivers pristine
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Options
    I sold my 10Bs maybe 3 years ago after updating the crossovers and relaminating in black ash. They otherwise looked new new with excellent grill covers also. Sold quickly on the local CL for $175.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • 11tsteve
    11tsteve Posts: 1,166
    Options
    So nobody here would think I am ripping of my friend at $75-100 for the pair, it seems. Also knowing I'll probably end up investing a couple of hundred dollars into them motivates me to keep things reasonable without lowballing.
    I appreciate the thoughts and info so far.
    Polk Lsi9
    N.E.W. A-20 class A 20W
    NAD 1020 completely refurbished
    Keces DA-131 mk.II
    Analysis Plus Copper Oval, Douglass, Morrow SUB3, Huffman Digital
    Paradigm DSP-3100 v.2
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Craigslist -$75
    Friend - $100
    Good Friend- $150
    Very good friend (that will come over and hear it when you are done_ - $175

But check the fuse to the tweeter first. If all it needs is a replacement fuse add $50 to the above numbers.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    If I had a mint pair I wouldn't sell them for less than $150.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    $100-$125 is fair if the cabinets and stands are presentable and the grills are good, It's probably a good thing that one of the tweeters is bad. That way you'll get after the upgrades/mods more quickly.