Where Do I find part??

These pins are impossible to remove and reuse....to shorten a 2 wire power cable to my receiver. Its just easier at this point to find a new female socket with the 2 pins....anyone, anyone?d0vfhobpm3gb.jpeg
sbneom7knac6.jpeg
c6kuwxfhqo3u.jpeg

Comments

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,321
    edited April 8
    The pins are released from the back side with a thin pick.

From your description, that's an external power plug? For a receiver? And its not IEC? Very odd.

Edit: a picture of the face will help in matching.
  • kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 3,181
    No its internal...darnitt. I got frustated and gave the power cord a couple of small loops on the inside and put it back together.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 39,603
    You buy parts like that at Mouser or Digikey. They are a Molex type connector.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 17,624
    In the halcyon days of yore, one could walk into the neighborhood Radio Shack and just pick one up.

v2v3xaxgr5a6.png

source: www.radioshackcatalogs.com (1980)

(yeah, not exactly the same connectors, but they did have 'em and I am too lazy to look any harder)
    FestYboy wrote: »
    The pins are released from the back side with a thin pick.

From your description, that's an external power plug? For a receiver? And its not IEC? Very odd.

Edit: a picture of the face will help in matching.

It is as he says. The pins (or sockets as the case may be) for each wire slide into the connector and click into place with a small metal finger. That finger can (should) be fairly easy to push back with a fine pointed or flat blade too, and allow the wire and connector to be pulled out from the 'back' of the connector.
    "It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
  • verbverb Posts: 2,559
    I use something similar to the below. The end of the tool is a thin walled tube that pushes the pins down for easy removal.
    b2bpy2gsxm3t.png
    2CH: Polk SDA 1C's, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
  • kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 3,181
    Thank you gentlemen...you are truly a wealth of knowledge. Ill go online shopping later, as my el cheapo solution will have to be changed sooner or later. mhardy6647...you should open an audio museum in your house, as it never ceases to amaze me with what you have stored away.
  • delkaldelkal Posts: 214
    While these connectors are supposed to be standard there are so many to choose from. Without precise measurements and looking at the technical drawing its easy to get them mixed up.

For a little insurance spend the extra dollar and buy the set of male and female plugs.