Now these were pretty cool
    p50inpetsa6x.jpg
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,607
    Options
    My dad had this model! So cool.
    Tony M wrote: »
    Just a few I built growing up.
    I built a few of the classic Monster models too. Those were really fun. What happened to them only MOM knows. :'(

w5btyce1ck2o.png

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,046
    Options
    ju2me97bj4ij.jpeg

There's an unbuilt 1/8 scale Corvette kit in the basement :p Found it at the good ol' Harvard (MA) town dump one fine day.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,046
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    p50inpetsa6x.jpg

Those are a great teachable moment to illustrate the noncompressibility of water, which is a fundamental property of water due to the extensive network of hydrogen
    bonding
    between water molecules. Water molecules are extremely polar, which is also why it's arguably the single most powerful solvent extant (with the exception, of course, of mother's saliva ;) ). The hydrogen bonding is also responsible for the remarkable property that water has of being less dense as a solid than as a liquid. This is why ice floats, and bodies of water don't freeze from the bottom up.

If bodies of water didn't freeze from the top, life as we know it likely never could have developed.

Water is amazing stuff.

Y'all knew all of that already, though, of course.

• Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    Anyone remember Whistle Warblers? We just called them bird whistles. Made of plastic, a metal half circle and leather. You put them in your mouth, up against the roof, and did kind of a sucking motion with your tongue in order to make a "chirping sound". I can't imaging how this would get past the product safety commission today.

These don't look exactly like what we had, but they are pretty close.

d2m4fv10x4ei.jpg
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    p50inpetsa6x.jpg

Cool thread.

Did find a few of these that still worked for the nieces/nephews.
    Was lots of fun last year until one of them discovered he could shoot it at his sister.

They been put up ever since..

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Cool thread....seeing a lot of stuff I remember.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,182
    Options
    How many built these ?
    tz95erbaly01.jpeg
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    p50inpetsa6x.jpg

Those are a great teachable moment to illustrate the noncompressibility of water, which is a fundamental property of water due to the extensive network of hydrogen
    bonding
    between water molecules. Water molecules are extremely polar, which is also why it's arguably the single most powerful solvent extant (with the exception, of course, of mother's saliva ;) ). The hydrogen bonding is also responsible for the remarkable property that water has of being less dense as a solid than as a liquid. This is why ice floats, and bodies of water don't freeze from the bottom up.

If bodies of water didn't freeze from the top, life as we know it likely never could have developed.

Water is amazing stuff.

Y'all knew all of that already, though, of course.
    You realize you just completely sucked the fun out of that toy! :)
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    llcs8t8bpk4a.jpg
    ky4wojb7r1wy.jpg

Wrist Rockets and Taconite Pellets. Good times.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    llcs8t8bpk4a.jpg
    ky4wojb7r1wy.jpg

You didn't ever kill a mama song bird by accident there by having to raise the baby birds on your own did you?
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    llcs8t8bpk4a.jpg
    ky4wojb7r1wy.jpg

Good thing it doesn’t have a pistol grip and a detachable magazine. Sad that we can’t post pictures of the Pearl handled Lone Ranger cap guns we had
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • dkfreebird
    Options
    Can’t forget walking the dog.
    fl5bkt88waga.jpeg
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options
    Sad that we can’t post pictures of the Pearl handled Lone Ranger cap guns we had
    My Granddad gave me one of those. I think I had a hat and holster, too. I remember having a few cap guns. Some used single round plastic caps, and some used paper caps, that came on a roll and you would rear off a single cap for your gun.
  • gudnoyez
    edited April 2018
    Options
    https://youtu.be/RkK21V5hN2s
    Walkin The Dog
    vw7urltna7xr.jpg
    I always walked the Dog with a Duncan Butterfly.

Those Click Clacks a couple of pages back came and went fast they were banned at school kids were getting glass pieces in their eyes.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

There's an unbuilt 1/8 scale Corvette kit in the basement :p Found it at the good ol' Harvard (MA) town dump one fine day.

Looking for the 78 and the 82... also the turbo Trans Am kit. Which one do you have?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Before graduating to Hot Wheels
    s5bvb3f82pc8.jpeg
  • dkfreebird
    Options
    Think about how many whistles you could make from this roll.
    24clb8mz4tux.png
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC

• gudnoyez
    edited April 2018
    Options
    vm2dd9o09ngd.jpg
    xsuacs08q8yq.jpg
    o4c2y9dcspcq.jpg
    vwtb1xa1ajz3.jpg

The attire of my youth and a board, 70s in San Diego hanging out at Balboa park ( when it used to be safe) or mission beach, nostalgic 70s growing up for sure.pretty cool thread.

Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• gudnoyez
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I am not sure how I feel about this toyf5i72b2mdoou.jpg

Oh I'm sure mommy & daddy used that saddle more once junior went to bed >:)
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    5toefcd97tsw.jpg
    p6weq1r4jv43.jpg

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    Before graduating to Hot Wheels
    s5bvb3f82pc8.jpeg

I've still got a boat load of those around here somewhere.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    I think the only toys from our youth that's still on the shelves are our classic board games, Gi Joe and Barbie, frisbee, Battleship, Hot Wheels and matchbox-( I think), and some others. Slot car and train sets are still being produced too.

Do they still make cap guns for kids?

Didn't Gas monkey garage make a car to help celebrate the 100 millionth hot wheels car production milestone?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    I am not sure how I feel about this toyf5i72b2mdoou.jpg

Oh I'm sure mommy & daddy used that saddle more once junior went to bed >:)

Except mom rode the saddle horn
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I started collecting Mercury head dimes when I was 10 yers old I think. Then I progressed to have a Very Nice Coin collection but cashed it in to help put a down payment on my house. My specialty became Indian Head Cents. I still have quite a few coin collection remnants that are cool. I have always wanted to start back up but, RECCESSIONS have told me it would be better to have Cash at Cash value on hand if the time came. ;)

When my Mother said look what I got from the grocery store, Tony, some old dimes. Check em out. Can I have them? Sure you can, what, you want to start collecting old coins? YEA, these are cool! Thanks, Mom!
    gqhnczr192go.png
    7cs5qds4qj6v.png
    y2mwa0igyglc.png

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.