Sonus Faber Venere 3.0 Opinions?

Options
geppy1
geppy1 Posts: 3,071
Looking for opinions based on any experience with Sonus Faber Venere 3.0 speakers. Thanks

Comments

• Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    If they are anywhere near the “S’s” they are great...

I’ve been very happy with my Venere S speakers.
  • geppy1
    Options
    General sonic signature?
  • Montoya
    Montoya Posts: 506
    Options
    I had them for a couple of years and enjoyed my time with them. If buying new I can think of a couple of speakers that would better them for a little lower money or equal but don't have the visual appeal.
  • geppy1
    Options
    Say compared to PSB Gold Vandersteen 2Ce sig and 2CE, Thiel CS 2 Energy 1.8? I can get a pair for under four digits but have Mirage ON 5s which are pretty good.
  • Upstatemax
    Options
    Are you saying you can get the Venere 3.0’s for under a grand and you haven’t grabbed them yet?!

For no particular reason, can you PM me the info on this deal?
  • geppy1
    Options
    Does not matter what they cost if I do not like the sound. I have also heard it mentioned that they are very technicolor and forward. A bit much. Going to listen at the location means almost nothing as different room cables and gear can make a huge difference.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    edited April 2018
    Options
    My experience, not my favorite sonus but the price is good.

The S is good
    However
    Post edited by Joey_V on
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Upstatemax
    Options
    geppy1 wrote: »
    Does not matter what they cost if I do not like the sound. I have also heard it mentioned that they are very technicolor and forward. A bit much. Going to listen at the location means almost nothing as different room cables and gear can make a huge difference.

True, but for that price you should be able to flip them quite easily if they don’t float your boat.