WTB: Standalone DAC with digital coaxial input

Looking for a standalone DAC that features a digital coaxial input. Will also need a digital coax cable.

Just purchased a transport and want to try out the separate transport and DAC approach.

Lemme know what old DACs you got sitting around. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Didn't you just buy a dac ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    Yes, I recently purchased one with a USB input only.

I'm not sure how this is relevant to my WTB request.
    tonyb wrote: »
    Didn't you just buy a dac ?

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Oh, for some reason I thought it had digital inputs, my bad.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Clipdat
    Even if it did, can you really ever have too many DACs? :)

• WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    Would a MF M1Dac be in your price range?
  • Clipdat
    PM'd.
    WagnerRC wrote: »
    Would a MF M1Dac be in your price range?

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    edited April 2018
    I have this one that you can pick up pretty cheap:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/aprilmusic2/stello.html

Plenty of connections. I used it up until I go the Marantz. Pretty sure I have all the original packaging, manuals, etc.
  • Clipdat
    PM'd.
    kharp1 wrote: »
    I have this one that you can pick up pretty cheap:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/aprilmusic2/stello.html

Plenty of connections. I used it up until I go the Marantz. Pretty sure I have all the original packaging, manuals, etc.

• kharp1
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Interested in an arcam rdac?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Clipdat
    Is that the one with BT?
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Interested in an arcam rdac?

• rooftop59
    this is the one I have:

https://www.whathifi.com/arcam/rdac/review

I think you can add wireless adapter, but I do not have it.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    Have a Schiit BiFrost Uber, no USB but can be added, has original factory box....
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • Clipdat
    PM'd.
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    this is the one I have:
    starkiller wrote: »
    Have a Schiit BiFrost Uber, no USB but can be added, has original factory box....

• Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    Audio Advisor has the Music Hall 15.2 for $99 brand new. Great deal!
  • Clipdat
    Wow, nice deal there. They must be trying to move some stock.
    Audio Advisor has the Music Hall 15.2 for $99 brand new. Great deal!

• Clipdat
    No longer looking. Thank you to everyone who PM'd me with offers.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Well, spill it. What'd ya get?
  • Clipdat
    I got a standalone DAC with digital coaxial input.

Well, actually two of them.
    DaveHo wrote: »

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited April 2018
    Hopefully the Mp3's will now sound so much better B)
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • rooftop59
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I got a standalone DAC with digital coaxial input.

Well, actually two of them.
    DaveHo wrote: »

You're no fun dude!
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • Clipdat
    You're the first person that mentioned "Mp3's" in this thread, and I'm not sure why.

I'll re-quote myself for you where I mentioned in my original post that I just purchased a transport.

But yeah, by all means come into a closed/ended WTB thread and make a disparaging remark about music formats to collect those LOLs. Very mature.
    Just purchased a transport and want to try out the separate transport and DAC approach.
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited April 2018
    Even if it did, can you really ever have too many DACs? :)

Heck, even I've got two of them and I barely do digital (and I understand the formats and implications thereof even less).

:|
  • kharp1
    You're the first person that mentioned "Mp3's" in this thread, and I'm not sure why.

I'll re-quote myself for you where I mentioned in my original post that I just purchased a transport.

But yeah, by all means come into a closed/ended WTB thread and make a disparaging remark about music formats to collect those LOLs. Very mature.

Dude, you need to lighten up. Seriously.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042

Oh man. Relax my dude. If you can't roll with the disparaging remarks you're on the wrong forum.

Love,
    Bilbo Baggins

(See I even make fun of myself. I'm very short BTW.)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    One of my best friend's brother had a band called "Bilbo Baggins Blues Band." He looked like Burl Ives tho.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited April 2018
    Drew reach down in between your cheeks and pull those shorts out. They're cutting off circulation to your brain.

1. I could care less about lol's, likes, insightful's or any of that stuff.

2. Oooo you have a transport so what you can burn mp3's to disc...

3. My god man lighten up life is too short to carry around all that anger

4. Maybe you need a new strain because the one you have is not working for you.

5. Maybe try tequila

6. My reading comprehension skills are pretty good i seen the transport comment in the beginning.

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    edited April 2018
    @clipdat I’m going to give you a piece of your own advice. Relax, you’ll live longer :lol::wink::blush:
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.