rdo-194

Options
good morning,
I have searched all over google, and searched though the forum without any luck.
does anyone know if there is a list of models that the rdo-194 tweeter came in, or was it just an aftermarket replacement tweeter?

Comments

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    rdo-194 & rdo-198 were never stock tweeters. I'll defer to someone more knowledgeable than me to tell you which tweeters the 194 can be used in place of.
  • good_apollo
    Options
    ok, that actually answers my question. there are a lot of used polks of all years available near me, and was trying to see if I could find a pair with the 194's in them for a project I have, but I will just order from polk.

thanks for the quick response.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    Options
    Anything that had a SL2000 tweeter has the ability to use the RD-0194

Anything that had a SL2500/3000 has the ability to use the RD-0198

now to cloud it up a bit the RD-0194 can be used on the speakers that had a SL1000 tweeter but some modification will need to be done to the cut out to accommodate the RD-194

The RD-194/198 is not a replacement for any speaker that came with the Peerless tweeter.
  • good_apollo
    Options
    I have some sda2b that I am upgrading, was just seeing if the 194 came stock in anything before I ordered from polk. there is an endless supply of used polks here
  • TNTsTunes
    TNTsTunes Posts: 751
    Options
    I have some sda2b that I am upgrading, was just seeing if the 194 came stock in anything before I ordered from polk. there is an endless supply of used polks here

Many members will add a 5.8uf cap to the crossover and use RDO198's in the effectively creating SDA2B TL's.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• good_apollo
    Options
    im not sure I want to get into a crossover upgrade quite yet.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,983
    Options
    Tell Polk you are a forum member and get a discount on your order
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options

Where might "here" be?
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,182
    Options
    FestYboy wrote: »

Where might "here" be?

You just stay up north and leave some vintage speakers for us southerners. :D
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,434
    Options
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Where might "here" be?

Where rainbows come shooting out your arshe
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • good_apollo
    Options
    in texas, not all of them are vintage though. but there were 3 pairs of srs 3.1 for sale recently. I think one or more are still listed.

if I didn't have to pay a couple grand for an immigration atty, I would be buying a set
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    Options

Yes, you do.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Yes, you do.

What he said^^^^^^^^^^^
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • good_apollo
    Options
    Anybody have an idea of a ballpark cost estimate for getting the crossovers done?
  • FestYboy
    Options
    Anybody have an idea of a ballpark cost estimate for getting the crossovers done?

That strongly depends on the components used...
  • good_apollo
    Options
    That’s why I said ballpark.

Not low end, not crazy high end
  • FestYboy
    Options
    30-50 per cap? If you're budget minded. Someone else should chime in with resistor numbers. Most don't touch the inductor as it doesn't degrade over time like the caps will.
  • audioluvr
    Options
    Not low end, not crazy high end

$500ish?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • good_apollo
    Options
    good lord. im definitely not doing those now.
  • audioluvr
    Options
    Clarity and imaging will have a huge improvement
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• good_apollo
    Options
    im sure it would be, but besides the tweeters, there is no way I can justify spending $500 right now to upgrade speakers that already sound great. plus, ive got to drop about $10k on an immigration atty so its on the wayyyy back burner.