LSi9 vs LSi15

2»

Comments

• Nick_V
    Nick_V Posts: 14
    edited April 2018
    The system is coming together nicely. I found a gently used Anthem Statement A2 power amp for a great price that I recently added to the mix. I just re-ran ARC after adding the amp and this system is really sounding fantastic!!

I'm just about finished, just need to wall mount the TV and tidy up the wiring a little bit. I might add a couple acoustic panels behind the speakers to help with the first reflection off the front wall and to help with SBIR behind the speakers. If (when) I update the source in my main system, I'll put the Oppo BDP that's in my main system now in the bedroom system. Also, if I can find a second ML Dynamo 700 subwoofer for a good price (used), I'll scoop it up. Aside from that, this system is just about ready for the next speaker upgrade. Isn't this hobby evil!?

The System:

Polk LSi9 w/ upgraded crossovers
    Martin Logan Dynamo 700 Subwoofer
    Anthem MRX 300 as DAC/Room Correction Processor/Digital Preamp
    Anthem Statement A2 Power Amplifier
    Denon DVD-3910 DVD-Audio/SACD Player
    Chromecast Audio

IMAG1764.jpg
    Post edited by Nick_V on
    Main System: 2 channel/HT (Separate Signal Paths):
    Vizio P70 4K TV. KEF LS50 L/C/R Speakers. KEF Q100 Surround L/R, Mirage BPS 400 Subwoofer. Velodyne SPL-800R Subwoofer x2. Denon AVR-X3200. Wyred4Sound STP-SE Preamp. Anthem Statement A2. Esoteric SA-50 SACD Player/DAC. miniDSP DDRC-22D Dirac Live Processor. Oppo BDP-83. Sound Application CF-X Power Conditioner. Bybee AC Filters. GIK Acoustics Panels
    Bedroom:
    Samsung 47" Smart TV. Polk Audio LSi 9. Martin Logan Dynamo 700W Subwoofer. Anthem MRX-300. Anthem PVA-7 (Using 4 Channels to Bi-Amp LSi9). Denon DVD-3910
    Office/Desktop:
    Dynaudio BM6A mkII Active Monitors. Cambridge DACMagic + DAC w/ LH Labs LPS Linear Power Supply. Yulong P-18 Conditioner. GIK Acoustics Panels
    Living Room (Lifestyle):
    Vizio M55 4K HDR/DV TV. GoldenEar 3D Array X. Rythmik L-12 Subwoofer
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    Hey man, you need to press the "OK" button!
  • Nick_V
    Ha, yeah I just noticed I'm not much of a photographer.
    Vizio P70 4K TV. KEF LS50 L/C/R Speakers. KEF Q100 Surround L/R, Mirage BPS 400 Subwoofer. Velodyne SPL-800R Subwoofer x2. Denon AVR-X3200. Wyred4Sound STP-SE Preamp. Anthem Statement A2. Esoteric SA-50 SACD Player/DAC. miniDSP DDRC-22D Dirac Live Processor. Oppo BDP-83. Sound Application CF-X Power Conditioner. Bybee AC Filters. GIK Acoustics Panels
    Bedroom:
    Samsung 47" Smart TV. Polk Audio LSi 9. Martin Logan Dynamo 700W Subwoofer. Anthem MRX-300. Anthem PVA-7 (Using 4 Channels to Bi-Amp LSi9). Denon DVD-3910
    Office/Desktop:
    Dynaudio BM6A mkII Active Monitors. Cambridge DACMagic + DAC w/ LH Labs LPS Linear Power Supply. Yulong P-18 Conditioner. GIK Acoustics Panels
    Living Room (Lifestyle):
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    I've come to realize over the last few years through a lot of reading and research that people can basically never reliably tell cables apart in blind testing. Also, that based on the science there shouldn't be much difference electrically between any two cables as long as they are of competent design.

People, in general, can't tell the difference between a tube amp and a solid state amp. That should tell you blind testing is completely worthless when it comes to audio.

Just goes to prove that science doesn't have all the answers.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    LOL, the same people would have convinced you a Bose system can replace a real hi-fi one too....they were wrong then, and they are wrong now.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    most people cannot make reliable, fine-grained perceptual distinctions between objects they have limited exposure to. It takes years of experience acquired through trial and error.

I probably couldn't tell the difference between a tube amp and a solid state amp because I have very limited exposure to tube amps, ergo, there is no difference. Makes perfect sense, right?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Nick_V
    I switched it up again. I found a ridiculously good deal on an Anthem PVA7 and sold the amp I was using in my main system, so I switched the Statement A2 into my main system, and I'm using 4 channels from the PVA7 to passively bi-amp the LSi9s.

This still gets me 280 Watts + @ 4 Ohms for the LSi9s and the A2 is more at home in my (all XLR balanced) main system with a Wyred4Sound STP-SE preamp, Esoteric SA-50 SACD Player/DAC and KEF LS50s (that are single wire only).
    Bedroom:
    Office/Desktop:
    Living Room (Lifestyle):