Which Polk Audio Product Should I be looking at ?

Options
Hi,

I am looking for a Product recommendation from you the community here, from the range of speakers that Polk Audio has to offer ?

So I am looking out for Speakers purely for Music Listening, to stream music wirelessly (Not Bluetooth but Wi-Fi) over my iPad and iPhone using different Music Streaming websites and APPS. I already am using a wireless product which is a wireless Sound Bar kind of thing from JBL called the L8 it has 4 drivers two woofers of 30WATTS each so 60 Watts of woofer, and 60 watts of tweeters. It has some reasonable amount of BASS, but it still lacks BASS for my kind of Taste, which I want Earth Shattering, Ground Shaking BASS. I want that Ground Shaking kind of BASS. I am gonna be using it in a room of 150 Square Feet. Which of Polk Audio product would you guys recommend and why ?

And I do like Convenience and comfort of having a wireless system as opposed to a traditional wired system of yester years.

So finally after reading everything what can you guys recommend ? Can you guys recommend something from the Polk Audio product line which will give me a Earth Shattreing BASS, and a absolutely rocking night club kind of feel ! Which is playing some high Progressive House kind of Music with some Solid, Humongous BASS ! What kind of solution can you suggest me from the Polk Audio product line up.

I want a Night Club, Disco Club, kind of feel at my home in my room !!

Thanks in Advance !

Comments

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    If you can order a subwoofer from JBL for your soundbar then that would probably be cheaper, and you will get the bass that you want.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I see you have a room that's 150SF which seems small enough that it could easily be overpowered with a large sub. What are the actual room dimensions? If the length is a multiple of the width you're likely to have some resonance issues with lower frequencies.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    So currently you have an "all in one" box... Is that format what you want to stick with, or are you ok with getting real speakers and a real amp? I'm also with @The_Polkster the room is on the small side, and picking the wrong pieces may cause issues.
  • augustya
    augustya Posts: 5
    edited April 2018
    Options
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    If you can order a subwoofer from JBL for your soundbar then that would probably be cheaper, and you will get the bass that you want.

I sincerely wish I could do that unfortunately this speaker that I have the JBL Authentics L8 is an all in one speaker and does not have an external Sub input to it.So I have been advised by a couple of guys that you need to look at something with a dedicated Sub-Woofer or otherwise you are again gonna be left craving for more BASS, with the kind of Music you want to listen to, and the kind of ambience you want to create. Which is a night club kind of sound.

• augustya
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I see you have a room that's 150SF which seems small enough that it could easily be overpowered with a large sub. What are the actual room dimensions? If the length is a multiple of the width you're likely to have some resonance issues with lower frequencies.

I do get the meaning of what you are saying, that the room is small enough for anything substantial to be installed but like sound is a very subjective thing which varies from person to person. Some would at that the JBL L8 gives good enough BASS but for me, I want that earth shaking BASS. I have that pre-fixed mind of sort of creating a get club, dance festival kind of sound in my room in a miniature version :)
  • augustya
    edited April 2018
    Options
    FestYboy wrote: »
    So currently you have an "all in one" box... Is that format what you want to stick with, or are you ok with getting real speakers and a real amp? I'm also with @The_Polkster the room is on the small side, and picking the wrong pieces may cause issues.

So I am in India not in the U.S and one of the Tech Bloggers who writes for a lot of Audio-Visual sites and magazines in the U.S who also reviews a lot of speakers, he after going through my requirements was of the opinion, that have I thought of considering the Polk Audio Soundbar kind of set up ? which is just a wireless Sound Bar like your current JBL L8 with the only exception it will have a wireless subwoofer, but the result will be surprisingly good !! It will pump out BASS which you would really enjoy. Like I do mention I want to keep the set up as minimum as possible as cable fee and wireless as possible, the wireless speaker system of the current era pleasantly appeals me and makes me feel convenient.
  • augustya
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I am looking out for a wireless option just like SONOS guys are saying get our wireless Play:5 and add a wireless SUB to it. You are all set !! lol !!