Hell of a deal in Chicago....

Options
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,081
    Options
    There's a few nice pieces of mostly 80's gear. His seller rating and the fact that he can't verify it all actually functions, his price is very high, IMO.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Looks like Ferris Bueller's stereo.

Screen-Shot-2014-11-09-at-6.00.40-PM.png

Screenshot-2014-07-11-21.05.14.png
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,602
    Options
    haha, good eye. Same CDP and amp!
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    There's a few nice pieces of mostly 80's gear. His seller rating and the fact that he can't verify it all actually functions, his price is very high, IMO.

H9

Yea I’m sorry but if you can test each piece and verify it’s functionality the you will never get 1200 bucks for what could be a pile of garbage!

I bet @mhardy6647 could beat the stack with dump finds!!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    heiney9 wrote: »

H9

Yea I’m sorry but if you can test each piece and verify it’s functionality the you will never get 1200 bucks for what could be a pile of garbage!

I bet @mhardy6647 could beat the stack with dump finds!!

With the custom cabinet with a hour log I would bet the equipment is in good shape. I get the feeling he is a little picky. Whether it is worth the money is another question.

Just be careful buying stuff from guys like this (from a local Craigslist ad). Notice the gear is in an attic.

apua60l04eyh.jpg
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    ^ hey that's near me. I run away every time I see that post...scary!
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    Options
    FestYboy wrote: »

Where are you? I'm in Bucks near Richboro PA.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Why is it bad that it's in an attic?
    delkal wrote: »
    Just be careful buying stuff from guys like this (from a local Craigslist ad). Notice the gear is in an attic.

• FestYboy
    Options
    FestYboy wrote: »

Where are you? I'm in Bucks near Richboro PA.

Lititz, Lancaster county
  • FestYboy
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Why is it bad that it's in an attic?

Lack of climate control to start.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Gotcha, thanks guys.

I'm more offended that each stack is capped off with what looks like a $10 boombox.

That alone makes think the owner is mentally deranged.
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,619
    Options
    ebay just sent me an email that the price has been reduced by $300! Still looks like a pile of crap to me.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Gotta love his EBay handle. Buy my Crap. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    Why would a guy in Chicago stack all that gear up in an attic....hmmm.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Why would a guy in Chicago stack all that gear up in an attic....hmmm.

He's married.
    ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,451
    Options
    ...and apparently his wife just found the secret attic stairs.
    I disabled signatures.
  • TNTsTunes
    TNTsTunes Posts: 751
    Options
    Quite the "variety" of other items he has for sale.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."