WTB: 4 SL3000 or RDO-198 tweeters

I have been lurking for the last 2 years, but used to be very active on the forum. I now need your help. I am looking for 4 tweeters for my SDA-1C's. I would prefer RDO-198's but would also accept 4 SL3000's. Thanks for the help.
SDA-1C (full mods)
Carver TFM-55
NAD 1130 Pre-amp
Rega Planar 3 TT/Shelter 501 MkII
The Clamp
Revox A77 Mk IV Dolby reel to reel
Thorens TD160/Mission 774 arm/Stanton 881S Shibata
Nakamichi CR7 Cassette Deck
Rotel RCD-855 with modified tube output stage
Cambridge Audio DACmagic Plus
ADC Soundshaper 3 EQ
Ben's IC's
Nitty Gritty 1.5FI RCM

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Long time no see...

RDO-198's are still sold by Polk nad they still give Polkie discounts
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • TNTsTunes
    TNTsTunes Posts: 751
    What value capacitors and such did you use in your crossover so you 1C's can use SL3000's or RDO-198's? I haven't seen a 1C TL crossover mod posted.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• If you need RDO-198 tweeters I just got a sweet buy one get deal from Polk for my RTA 8tls. Oh and they gave me free shipping!
  • BC6
    BC6 Posts: 109
    I just ordered six RDO-198s for my new 2.3tls for just under $300 and free shipping. Awesome deal.
    2 Channel: Atohm GT-1 speakers, Atoll IN400 integrated amp, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB with Ortofon Bronze cartridge, SotM sMS-200 ultra streamer, SotM sPS-500 power supply, and homemade infinite baffle subwoofer with two Fi Audio IB318 drivers.

HT: All Polk: SDA 2.3tl fronts, CSiA6 center, 500-LS ceiling, RT/FX, RTi8, Monitor 4 rears, plus Yamaha CX-a5100 AV Preamplifier/Processor, Yamaha MX-a5000 11.1 channel amplifier, and Sony XBR55-AE1 OLED TV.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    BC6 wrote: »
    I just ordered six RDO-198s for my new 2.3tls for just under $300 and free shipping. Awesome deal.

Correct, correct, same, same, same, correct. They make a huge difference. Not only to the highs, as one would expect, but also to the overall sound. I just got done doing a full mod job on my 2.3TLs and I am living (and listening) in a completely different galaxy. B)
  • To my knowledge the only tweeter available for the 1C is the RDO-194
    Yamaha RXA1030, Yamaha CD-S2100, Yamaha AS-2200, Bluesound node 2i
    Polk SDA2btl highly modded
    Polk SDA 1C modded
    Polk CS350 LS x2
    Kimber 8TC
    Sony 55" Bravia
    Wish list SVS sub

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    To my knowledge the only tweeter available for the 1C is the RDO-194

Corr.....what is a 1C? :p
  • Fongolio
    Fongolio Posts: 3,516

Where did you order from? Polk customer service tells me they no longer stock RDO-198 tweeters.
    SDA-1C (full mods)
    Carver TFM-55
    NAD 1130 Pre-amp
    Rega Planar 3 TT/Shelter 501 MkII
    The Clamp
    Revox A77 Mk IV Dolby reel to reel
    Thorens TD160/Mission 774 arm/Stanton 881S Shibata
    Nakamichi CR7 Cassette Deck
    Rotel RCD-855 with modified tube output stage
    Cambridge Audio DACmagic Plus
    ADC Soundshaper 3 EQ
    Ben's IC's
    Nitty Gritty 1.5FI RCM
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Fongolio wrote: »

Where did you order from? Polk customer service tells me they no longer stock RDO-198 tweeters.

Try a different CS rep.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BC6
    BC6 Posts: 109
    I called Polk customer service. Talked to a really friendly and helpful guy whose name I can't remember but the name on my invoice is Michael.
    2 Channel: Atohm GT-1 speakers, Atoll IN400 integrated amp, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB with Ortofon Bronze cartridge, SotM sMS-200 ultra streamer, SotM sPS-500 power supply, and homemade infinite baffle subwoofer with two Fi Audio IB318 drivers.

HT: All Polk: SDA 2.3tl fronts, CSiA6 center, 500-LS ceiling, RT/FX, RTi8, Monitor 4 rears, plus Yamaha CX-a5100 AV Preamplifier/Processor, Yamaha MX-a5000 11.1 channel amplifier, and Sony XBR55-AE1 OLED TV.
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    I called Polk customer service. Talked to a really friendly and helpful guy whose name I can't remember but the name on my invoice is Michael.

I believe i talked to the same guy when i ordered my RDO 198s a little while back(same name on my invoice). Two of the eight i received had the plastic broke where the leads connect to the spades on the back of the tweeter. They still worked but i was worried the leads would snap eventually.

I called Polk and they told me just to keep them and sent me 2 replacements no questions asked. I've had nothing but great customer service when i call.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Nice try jbomber to skirt the rules. Get your read on below, you need 100 posts to sell. You've been reported as well.

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/98162/before-you-post-read-this#latest
  • Ah ha! Well, that certainly wasn't intentional. After 15+ years on eBay and Audiogon, I suppose I just became accustom to the idea of basic supply and demand and transacting online. I guess I'll have to find another way to find buyers who specifically want what I have a surplus of. In the meantime, I'll start racking up those posts until I get to 100 and then maybe there will be someone who still wants these. Thanks for the heads-up! Sorry Fongolio. best of luck in your search.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Welcome aboard jbomber please stick around. Those are not the correct tweeters for him anyway, not to mention he more than likely has replaced already being a year old ;)