Question regarding bi-amping speakers per Polk manual.SDA SRS 2.3

According to the original Polk literature, the 2.3 speakers do NOT need an electronic crossover,or even an ai-1 to biamp them. I know many feel different about it. What is the reason behind it.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    You better read that again.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• SDA1C
    SDA1C Posts: 2,069
    I use a common ground amp with 5 channels to bi amp mine. Has workwd for years. No external xover and no dreadnaught.
    Too much **** to list....
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited March 2018
    deleted
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • F1nut
    SDA1C wrote: »
    I use a common ground amp with 5 channels to bi amp mine. Has workwd for years. No external xover and no dreadnaught.

Of course, you're not actually bi-amping.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• bassfann
    bassfann Posts: 151
    F1nut wrote: »
    I read it on polksda.com. Which part is incorrect ?
  • F1nut
    edited March 2018
    You're generalizing things that shouldn't be and leaving out important information.

Yes, you can pseudo bi-amp those speakers, but it's not true bi-amping unless you use active crossovers. You can pseudo bi-amp any pair of speakers with two sets of binding posts.

This is the important information, "The low frequency amplifier must be common ground unless the AI-1 adaptor is used."

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

President of Club Polk

• bassfann
    Can I bi-wire without the ai-1 ? Reason I’m asking is I’m running a Bryston 8b 4 channel amp.
  • TNTsTunes
    TNTsTunes Posts: 751
    bassfann wrote: »
    Can I bi-wire without the ai-1 ? Reason I’m asking is I’m running a Bryston 8b 4 channel amp.
    This is the important information, "The low frequency amplifier must be common ground unless the AI-1 adaptor is used."

^^^^ This....

"Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• bassfann
    TNTsTunes wrote: »
    bassfann wrote: »

^^^^ This....
    what about bi-wiring ?

• monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    If the amp is common ground, yes.