2 channel back on line!

After almost 2 years Ive got the 2 channel rig back up and running.
Been using headphones. I got back to Dallas last weekend and got
The Proacs out of my son's house. Right now Im using a rebuilt
Sansui au-717 integrated until I get around to getting the McCormick rebuilt.
This thing sounds very good. Best $400 I ever spent. Very neutral sounding.
I just got the "A" speaker outputs swapped out to binding posts.
Ive got the "B" output tied to an srd7 box to drive my stax headphones.
The au-999 that I recapped and modded was pretty good sounding, but this a step up.

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited March 2018
    So good to hear from you again! wish you where in town for LSAF! be cool to hang out again!

Wish I could get my ears of your headphones. I heard so much about here ability's
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    ProAc speakers are no joke. I heard the Response D48R at a local audio shoppe and I was totally blown away. I'd be interested to know how well they pair with the McCormack as that may be an end game speaker set for me.

Welcome back!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    I think proac plays well with about anything
    Audio research is top notch. McCormack is right up there as well
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    The AU-717 was/is a very nice integrated amplifier. Remarkable construction quality too, with full "dual mono" power supplies.

10996918515_5ba979c9d2_h.jpgscan0004a by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    10996917975_0cd3e5c118_h.jpgscan0005a by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • sucks2beme
    A lot less pressure and no all nighters. Im not
    Chained to a desk anymore. My house has a nice sized
    Yard that backs up to the Wolf river conservancy.
    3/8 of a mile of woods between my yard and the river!
    Of course that means lots of critters show up.
    A couple of days ago a bobcat showed up in the back yard.

I need to get moving building a new rack.
    A new flexirack is in order.
  • sucks2beme
    Too big to transport- pass it on to a local polkie
    Im looking to build a smaller version.
    Im sure someone needs a 5 shelf.
  • KrazyMofo24
    KrazyMofo24 Posts: 1,186
    I could use one. :)

Glad to hear you are back to enjoying your system again. I'm slowly doing the same.
    Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

• KrazyMofo24
    Nice. Will do.
    Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    After almost 2 years Ive got the 2 channel rig back up and running.
    Been using headphones. I got back to Dallas last weekend and got
    The Proacs out of my son's house. Right now Im using a rebuilt
    Sansui au-717 integrated until I get around to getting the McCormick rebuilt.
    This thing sounds very good. Best $400 I ever spent. Very neutral sounding.
    I just got the "A" speaker outputs swapped out to binding posts.
    Ive got the "B" output tied to an srd7 box to drive my stax headphones.
    The au-999 that I recapped and modded was pretty good sounding, but this a step up.

Dibbs on that 717 should you decide to part with it. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    DSkip wrote: »
    I still have yours and looking to move it if you wanted it back.

Put me next in line if @KrazyMofo24 passes
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • mpitogo
    mpitogo Posts: 475
    Nice! I have a Sansui integrated, it was my Dad’s and it’s what got me into audio. I’ve also rebuilt mine and it sounds fantastic.
    • Living Room Music-2.0 Polk Legend L800 | McIntosh C70 | McIntosh MA5200 (Treble) | McIntosh MC452 (Bass) | Sublimeacoustic K231 Active xover | Denon DP-2500A | Denafrips Ares II | Belkin Soundform Connect | iPad Air USB to DAC
    • Media Room Ht-7.2.6/13.1 (Atmos/Auro-3D) Polk LSiM707, LSiM706c, LSiM702 F/X [x4], height LSiM703 [x6], HSU VTF-15H MK2 Dual | Marantz AV8805A | Rotel RB-1590 (L/R) | Appollon NC500 11ch | Sony UBP-X800 | AppleTV 4K | JVC RS2100
    • Game Room-5.1 Polk LSi25, LSiC, LSiF/X | Marantz SR7009 | AppleTV 4K | Xbox One S | Sony PS2, PS3 | Nintendo Wii | Gaming PC | Sony 75" LCD
    • Master Bedroom Music-2.0 Totem Hawk | Marantz PM-10 | Marantz SA-10 | SONY PS-HX500
    • Office-2.0 Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX, DSW microPRO3000 | Rotel RA-1570 | Marantz HD-CD1
    • Daughter's Bedroom 1-2.0 TBD Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 2-2.0 Klipsch RP-600M | Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 3-3.0 Martin Logan Motion 40, 50XT | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Apple TV | Samsung 55" TV
    • Guest Room 4-2.0 QAcoustics 3030i | Sansui AU-6900 | Topping DX7s | Sansui FR-1080 | TV
    • Maintenance: Pro-Ject VC-S Record Cleaning Machine
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    I've got two of them Dennis. One is Keiths and the other is a grey one with tempered glass shelves.

Thanks Skip, I already have a tempered glass one in the other room. I liked the other one. I am going to convert what I’m using now to a pass thru type.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • sucks2beme
    And we broke out in another rack thread!
    KRAZY,I'm sure you remember the rack.
    It was a version of the flexirack.
    I think this Sansui will hng here for a while.
    I should dump the kenwood. Still on the
    Fence on the Marantz 1150. I had a 1150d
    Back when i was in Okinowa. Very warm sounding.
    I REALLY had a vintage thing going around here for a while.
    Time to thin things out a bit.

• KrazyMofo24
    dkfreebird wrote: »

Well it looks like the wife isn't a fan of me getting this stand right now. So I'll have to pass.
    Setup:

• dkfreebird wrote: »

Well it looks like the wife isn't a fan of me getting this stand right now. So I'll have to pass.

I chose Audio Refugee as a user name cause the wife use to banish my stereo and me to the garage. I feel your pain.