What model are these?

Options
I'm not sure these are vintage per se, but I bought them used tnorgrnm9dwj.jpg
several years ago and I love them. I printed off the user guide for the rti50/70 series at some point, but it doesn't have pictures and and an online search of that model doesn't return images that match. Anyone?

Comments

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    Woah, those are some high roll surrounds on those woofers!
    I’ve never seen that model before, but it looks nice. On a lot of polks there is a serial number sticker on the back, either near the top corner or bottom corner, etc.
    Here is a picture of the sticker on my Polk LSi25s:
    cy464ne8llz7.jpg
    It’ll look kinda like that except it will have your model speaker on it.
    They look to be the top RTi model, but I would look at the sticker. I can’t find any info on the speakers but I can keep looking for you :smile:
    And welcome to Club Polk!
  • mlistens03
    Options
    I found it, this an RTi12
  • dallasxanadu
    dallasxanadu Posts: 8
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hmmm, all the RTi12 images I find online look a little different. I did see the stickers on the back, I didn't even notice that the model number was part of it. I will look when I get home to verify, thanks! And yeah, they are quite nice. Found them on Craigslist for $300 about 6 years ago. I've had them hooked up to a Denon 3805, which is no slouch. But I just got a Marantz 7011, and boy do they sing now!
  • mlistens03
    Options
    I believe there were several versions of the RTi series.
    I’ve never actually listened to a pair, but I imagine they are quite nice!
  • dallasxanadu
    Options
    They're quite beefy too - the weight and awkward factor combined are not great for the back! I've got Polk dipole/bipole surrounds and and a random (giant) Polk center channel that I picked up along the way. I think my next upgrade will be the center channel, I'm quite satisfied with everything else in my system.
  • mlistens03
    Options
    Lol the LSis are the same way, they weigh around a hundred pounds lol.
    Do you know what model the center is? You said it’s giant and now I’m intrigued :lol:
    I would also suggest a seperate power amplifier for your fronts, such as a Parasound HCA-1200 or the like, I think that will vastly improve the sound quality of your system.
    Just a question, what do you have for a sub?
  • mlistens03
    Options
    DOH! I was wrong, sorry.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,607
    Options
    They look really nice!
  • dallasxanadu
    Options
    So they are. The 12's appear to have two mid-range speakers.

I have an SVS PC-12 cylinder sub. Using the Audyssey XT32 on the Marantz and a little post-measurement tweaking, I've managed to dial in the bass far better than I ever did with the Denon. It's seamless now. And I've had my eyes on an external amp for a while, Parasound, Emotiva, etc. And yikes, I just saw a list price for the 150's of $1795 originally, though I can't believe many people ever paid that much.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »

yep. that's it. I have always wanted to hear a pair. I bet they can rock out!!!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    They're quite beefy too - the weight and awkward factor combined are not great for the back! I've got Polk dipole/bipole surrounds and and a random (giant) Polk center channel that I picked up along the way. I think my next upgrade will be the center channel, I'm quite satisfied with everything else in my system.

Do have a pic of the center?

The CSi40 would be the matching center channel, although a CS400i or a CSi5 would also work I would think. The tweeter in the RTiXX series had a weird tweeter that was sort of a transition from the tri-lam dome to the current silk polymer tweeters...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • dallasxanadu
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »

yep. that's it. I have always wanted to hear a pair. I bet they can rock out!!!

I'm not going to lie, the first time I fired them up, the grin didn't come off my face for quite some time. I bought them from a guy who had no idea what he had. He was powering them with a lower-level Sony AVR that he probably got at Walmart and thought they sounded like crap. They do not in any way sound like crap when used properly.
  • dallasxanadu
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »

Do have a pic of the center?

The CSi40 would be the matching center channel, although a CS400i or a CSi5 would also work I would think. The tweeter in the RTiXX series had a weird tweeter that was sort of a transition from the tri-lam dome to the current silk polymer tweeters...

I just looked up the CS400i online. That's the one. I bought a KEF subwoofer years ago from a guy, and he threw the CS400i in for an extra $50 or so.
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options

I just looked up the CS400i online. That's the one. I bought a KEF subwoofer years ago from a guy, and he threw the CS400i in for an extra $50 or so.

No need to upgrade that center, it's pretty awesome, especially at the price you paid. It's also an excellent match for your RTi150 towers. I've got two of them in use - one with my SDA-1Cs and the other with my Monitor 10Bs - and am very happy with them!

• dallasxanadu
    Options
    teekay0007 wrote: »

No need to upgrade that center, it's pretty awesome, especially at the price you paid. It's also an excellent match for your RTi150 towers. I've got two of them in use - one with my SDA-1Cs and the other with my Monitor 10Bs - and am very happy with them!
    It actually does sound really good, I had it before the RTi's, and I remember looking it up and seeing that they would go well together. The only reason I might replace it is that one of the cats decided it would make a great litter box alternative - it still functions fine, but I'm not sure it'll ever smell the same again. Apparently I was quite oblivious for some time before discovering his secret.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    q22jb5xaq38k.jpg
    Pick your poison. The ewww may be a bit harder to find. There's also "nature's miracle", I don't think it's quite as strong, but it's effective.