Looking into Parasound, BAT, Rotel? Any others I should consider

This isn't a vs.thread. I'm simply looking at my various options. And these are the top 3 I've been hearing about.

This winter I purchased some s60s and put them on a marantz 6011 for the time being.
With those speakers on that amp.i can't believe how good my music sounds off of a USB stick..some.of my.tracks have no need.for.a sub as.those speakers deliver amazing bass and detail........but its still not enough.....it sounds good. But it doesnt bring a tear to my eye.

Most my music is played from vinyl off of tech 1200s.
Or off a USB stick with most of my tracks 320kbps or flac or wav.

My stereo setup wont be for ccr. Or Roy orbison. or death metal.... or rock. ( I mean the odd barbeque yes)
It will.be for drum and bass. Jungle. Dub. Uk grime. Very clean powerful well produced tracks. (Most of you might call it techno........but to someone like me that's like me saying all Amps sound the same to someone like you)

I want an amp..that's powerful enough to drive my s60s with authority. I want.it to be more warm than bright. And as my music has many different layers I'd like to hear them all.in detail.

I was kinda settling towards Parasound halo a21. Everyone raves about this legendary circuit designer named John curl. And Parasound amps are apparently top notch and exactly what I'm looking for. Warm. Powerful
But then I've read the halo a21 is regulated power? And not as good as some other amps.
I'm.sure I will.be perfectly happy with the Parasound.
However I'm looking at 2400 cad. For that amp

I see alot of bryston amps and Rotel on Canuck audio Mart or audiogon for decent prices.
I find alot of conflicting reviews on them tho from What I've read. Wondering if anyone can point in the right direction.

I want a 2channel with at least 250wpc.
Cheers

Home theater:
-Samsung 65" Q7F Qled - XboxOneX
-Marantz 9.2 Channel SR6011
-Tech 1200's
-Polk S60 Towers

Car Audio:
-4500 wrms cresendo mono block amp
-Fi SP4 v2 18" sub (3000 wrms)
-hertz 1000watt 4 channel
-hertz mille component speakers
-hertz spl 10" 600 wrms sub
-370amp mechman alternator
-2xs power 3300 amp batteries
-2/0 gauge ofc everything

Comments

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Running compressed audio? Save the money and Get a Parasound classic 2250 v.2
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    steveinaz wrote: »

... or a "Tech[nics SL] 1200".

:)

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Check for Sunfire, B&K amps on Audiogon,
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    As the resident DNB head on the forum, welcome! Nice to have a fellow junglist here!
    MackMurder wrote: »
    It will.be for drum and bass. Jungle. Dub. Uk grime. Very clean powerful well produced tracks. (Most of you might call it techno........but to someone like me that's like me saying all Amps sound the same to someone like you)

• Clipdat
    He already has one: "Most my music is played from vinyl off of tech 1200s."
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

... or a "Tech[nics SL] 1200".

:)

• cfrizz wrote: »
    Check for Sunfire, B&K amps on Audiogon,
    Will do thanks frizz

Will do a little more research on that amp. The price tag is definately attractive

Clipdat wrote: »
    As the resident DNB head on the forum, welcome! Nice to have a fellow junglist here!
    Cheers clip. Where bouts you from

Home theater:
    -Tech 1200's
    -Polk S60 Towers

Car Audio:
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited March 2018
    I think you'd be most impressed by a really good subwoofer. Rythmik, SVS, REL, etc.

Enjoy your wub wub techno. >:)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Clipdat
    San Francisco bay area, California.

Posted some pics of my DJ setup in another thread but here you go:

od4xamlr067v.jpg

I know you might be like "WTF Rotary mixer and dnb??" But I have several mixers :)
    MackMurder wrote: »

Cheers clip. Where bouts you from

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited March 2018
    Belles
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Nightfall wrote: »
    I think you'd be most impressed by a really good subwoofer. Rythmik, SVS, REL, etc.

I like those svs. Little pricey. I know their cats **** tho.
    Will check out the other ones you suggested

Was looking at these for a little while now. The monoprice thx line

https://m.ebay.ca/itm/Monoprice-Monolith-12-THX-Ultra-Certified-1000-Watt-Powered-Subwoofer/232553749916?hash=item3625489d9c:g:7U8AAOSwZrtaqwcc

Clipdat wrote: »
    San Francisco bay area, California.

Posted some pics of my DJ setup in another thread but here you go:
    Mixers are likes amps man. My ranes old-school but still one of my favorites.

Home theater:
    -Tech 1200's
    -Polk S60 Towers

Car Audio:
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Look on your local craigslist, subwoofers don't ship do to weight so they are fairly affordable
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Keep an eye on SVS as they run clearance from time to time, and, have a scratch and dent section. Same full warranty and trial period. They recently ran a special on a 12 inch sup for $399.
  • Nightfall wrote: »

http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showthread.php?6071-Differences-between-SVS-and-Rythmik

So I've heavily researched expert reviews.and graphs and user reviews on monoprice. Svs. And RYTHMik. TThis little.link I just posted blew.my.mind. will definitely be getting a RYTHMik sub. Maybe before the two channel..........I really like that thx stamp.on the monoprice. And they have amazing reciews. But them servos subs from RYTHMik sound like exactly what.im after. And slightly cheaper. Cheers nightfall. Would never had even known they existed.

As for the two channel
    Sunfire: I like that heats a non issue and the reviews they have
    Bryston 4b st: I can't find a bad review. Really like the price as well used. And 20 years warranty damn
    Bat vk200: if I could find one for a good price sure
    Krell: good reviews but less so than the bryston

I'm aware listening and my own ears would be the best review.for each amp. I just don't have that kind of time and resources where i live.

So Im gonna have to go off of reviews and specs. This forums been alot of help.
    In the short time I've been here. Really glad I found this place.

Home theater:
    -Tech 1200's
    -Polk S60 Towers

Car Audio:
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Don't forget about Vincent Audio! I have their preamp and Amplifier and phono amp and really like their sound.
    http://www.audioadvisor.com/products.asp?dept=220
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD