Early 50's - Holy Grail Tubes FS

Options
heiney9
heiney9 Posts: 25,092
edited March 2018 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Still thinning the herd. For your listening pleasure:

Probably the finest American 12AX7 ever made and super rare. Lots of "fakes" out there, as in sellers assume they have these, but they don't.

1-pr. 1950/51 Tung Sol 12AX7. Long Black Plates, bent SQ getter. Silver clip on upper mica post. I've said this many time before. Tung Sol is one of the most underrated of American tube manufacturer's. Every old stock Tung Sol I've heard has been superb. These are no exception. These are very stong tubes.

http://www.tubemaze.info/tung-sol-12ax7-black-plates/#more-1523

$150 shipped/insured

1-pr. 1954/55 Brimar 12AU7/ECC82. Long Black plates, bent SQ getter. Brimar is another very underrated tube manufacturer. Not a lot of Brimar tubes made their way here so they still fly under the radar. They are on par with the quality of Mullard Philips tubes. These are very hard to find. These have many of the fantastic attributes of Mullard tubes, but they add the transparency and "air" of the Holland made tubes. These are superb sounding tubes. These are very strong tubes.

$150 shipped/insured

Paypal preferred, but will take other payments from those I know and trust. PM is probably best.

These are superb sounding tubes. A couple of my absolute favorites. If you're on the fence take the plunge. TRUE Tung Sol 12AX7 BP's are hard to find, you really have to know what you're looking for or else you'll end up with and RCA or Sylvania manufactured tube which sound completely different.

Pics to come later to tonight for those that like tube ****....lol

H9
"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!

Comments

• heiney9
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    I'll take the Brimar.

You will be very happy. I'll shoot you a PM shortly.

Thanks
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    Options
    Brimar are pending sold
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    Options
    The Tung Sol's are great tubes. Deciding if I want another pair...
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    Brimar are a very underrated tube. I couldn’t sell mine.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• heiney9
    edited March 2018
    Options
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    Brimar are a very underrated tube. I couldn’t sell mine.

I still have quite a few left and a few different variations. One of my favorite tubes. I was late discovering Brimar's. When I finally did, I sort of became a little obsessed with hunting everything. Plus they were a little harder to find reliable information on, so ti took me awhile to be knowledgeable about what to look for/buy, etc.

It all started with the 1950's Brimar 5Z4G rectifier in my Dared SL-2000. :)

Buying older tubes like these is a real gamble unless you know what to look for. So many people are misinformed or make assumptions about what they are selling or just continue to carry forward erroneous information. It's innocent enough because most sellers aren't purposely trying to deceive.

There is a pair of Tung Sol Black Plates on Ebay right now. They are black plates, but the date code says 1962 and they have a small halo getter. Not such Tung Sol tube exists as no BP had a halo getter and BP's were made in the late 40's- early 50's only. I'm sure the seller is just selling based on the printed label, but it's not a Tung Sol tube.

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Wow, for once in 5 years I got up and got busy taking care of business and look what I missed. You guys suk, life suks, I'm going back to my Sansa and earbuds! :'(
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,622
    Options
    ?

316?cb=20170828072803
    kharp1 wrote: »
    I'm going back to my Sansa

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,625
    edited March 2018
    Options
  • heiney9
    Options
    Guys, I appreciate the *bumps*, but this is a For Sale thread, not a clubhouse thread. All I ask is that the posts pertain to the goods.

I'm all for fun and horsing around, but I'd like to keep this thread fairly clean and easy to read since I'm selling something.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,094
    Options
    PM coming . . .
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • heiney9
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »
    PM coming . . .

fyi, no PM received.

*bump*

• heiney9
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »
    PM coming . . .

I found it. You posted it my wall instead of a PM. PM coming

H9

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    I'll take the Tung Sol's
  • heiney9
    Options
    Tung Sol are $old