Post a video... any video

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Notice this GREAT TT in action.

The song is funny too.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    That song, a big hit in its day, was all the rage in the peri-pubescent set (of which I was then a member) thanks to the enthusiastic female sighing/moaning that was mixed in with the chorus.

:|
  • mhardy6647
    so -- apropos of nothing -- Chick-a-Boom always kind of reminds me of this chestnut... or maybe vice versa. :#

https://youtu.be/w6qcafgLHe4
  • Tony M
  • Tony M
    Watch it, watch it, here it comes... :o:D
    https://youtu.be/uyn0AKTQNhI
  • mhardy6647
    edited April 2018
    I think this is satirical (?)
    I get confused... but I still thought this worth sharing with, well, a bunch of audiophiles.
    as seen at http://www.hifihaven.org

https://youtu.be/G_OIS3E7yWs

YMMV.

Happy Monday!
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I think this is satirical (?)
    I get confused... but I still thought this worth sharing with, well, a bunch of audiophiles.
    as seen at http://www.hifihaven.org

https://youtu.be/G_OIS3E7yWs

YMMV.

Happy Monday!

:confused::neutral::lol:
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    It's all on the forum... And there's no egos on the forums.
  • mhardy6647
    FestYboy wrote: »
    It's all on the forum... And there's no egos on the forums.

I did indeed lol when I heard that.

Fortunately, I am above all of that nonsense.

Hack-hack, cough-cough, harumpf.
  • Tony M
    edited April 2018
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Had the pleasure of seeing Alan Parsons during a rare tour event. This brought me back!
    https://youtu.be/jdyto5rf0HU
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    Do you know about Alan Parsons' contribution to the Album " Dark Side of the Moon" ?

The Dark Side of the Moon
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    This article is about the album by Pink Floyd. For other uses, see Dark side of the Moon.
    For the far or hidden side of the Moon, see Far side of the Moon.

Album cover by Hipgnosis and George Hardie
    Studio album by Pink Floyd
    Released
    1 March 1973
    Recorded
    1 June 1972 – January 1973
    Studio
    Abbey Road Studios, London
    Genre
    Progressive rock
    Length
    42:49
    Label
    Harvest
    Producer
    Pink Floyd
    Pink Floyd chronology
    Obscured by Clouds
    (1972)
    (1973)
    Wish You Were Here
    (1975)

30th anniversary SACD Re-issue

Singles from The Dark Side of the Moon
    "Money"
    Released: 7 May 1973
    "Us and Them"
    Released: 4 February 1974
    The Dark Side of the Moon is the eighth studio album by English rock band Pink Floyd, released on 1 March 1973 by Harvest Records. The album built on ideas explored in earlier recordings and live shows, but lacks the extended instrumental excursions that characterised their earlier work. Its themes explore conflict, greed, the passage of time, and mental illness, the latter partly inspired by the deteriorating mental state of founding member and principal contributor, Syd Barrett.
    Developed during live performances, an early version was premiered several months before recording began; new material was recorded in two sessions in 1972 and 1973 at Abbey Road in London. The group used some advanced recording techniques at the time, including multitrack recording and tape loops. Analogue synthesizers were prominent in several tracks, and snippets from recorded interviews with Pink Floyd's road crew and others provided philosophical quotations throughout. Engineer Alan Parsons was responsible for many distinctive sonic aspects and the recruitment of singer Clare Torry. The album's iconic sleeve was designed by Storm Thorgerson; following keyboardist Richard Wright's request for a "simple and bold" design, it depicts a prism spectrum, representing the band's lighting and the record's themes.
    The Dark Side of the Moon was a commercial and critical success. It topped the Billboard Top LPs & Tapes chart for a week and remained in the chart for 741 weeks from 1973 to 1988. With an estimated 45 million copies sold, it is Pink Floyd's most successful album and one of the best-selling worldwide. It has been remastered and re-released several times, and covered in its entirety by several acts. It produced two singles, "Money" and "Us and Them". It is often ranked as one of the greatest albums of all time.
  • verb
    edited April 2018
    Cool info! Did not know! Thanks Tony! Since that video I watched others on line. Good stuff!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    As a drummer, I always appreciate a good bass player. This is a favorite clip of mine. Went to school with this dude's kids, one of which looks very much like him and played bass for Chicago for a long, long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4-ZxRrgREA
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    The Alan Parsons Project .... oh, those lp's got some serious playtime back in the day. :)
    Sal Palooza
  • verb
    Been on an Alan Parsons kick. They our touring this year!
    https://youtu.be/K-o6nprsRao?t=4
  • Tony M
    edited April 2018
  • Tony M
  • Tony M
    NOOOO...Not me. NEVER!
    https://youtu.be/Hez7jaD5lak
  • Tony M
    Not this ride either. NEVER. Something would break if I rode it!
    https://youtu.be/2uPxfB063RE
  • Tony M
  • Tony M
    I Know.
    But it would be for real if I rode it once. ;)
  • Tony M
    edited April 2018
    afterburnt wrote: »

She said she built that shelving rack. Impressive!
    I wish she was my Mom. What a collection she has and what has she sold over the years? WOW.

But my wife says she couldn't have been my mom. ;)
    I was 50/50 but after going to Rosie's website, there's no doubt my wife was right.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Tony M wrote: »
    afterburnt wrote: »

She said she built that shelving rack. Impressive!
    I wish she was my Mom. What a collection she has and what has she sold over the years? WOW.

But my wife says she couldn't have been my mom. ;)
    I was 50/50 but after I Know.
    But I rode it once. ;), there's no doubt my wife was right.
  • Tony M
    edited April 2018

What's with the cringe. You...
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • verb
    Tony M wrote: »
    Not this ride either. NEVER. Something would break if I rode it!
    https://youtu.be/2uPxfB063RE

We go to Vegas at least once/year, never did that ride or the roller coaster they have up there too!
    ov45cboqx3nj.png