BMW question

Options
1235»

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    He did tear the passenger-side mirror off once...

Is there a genetic marker for that? :p
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options

sorry, just prattling.

Dagnabit off to open a thesaurus

:D
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,030
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    He did tear the passenger-side mirror off once...

Is there a genetic marker for that? :p

Funny thing is, he's not even left-handed! :p
    ... oh, and I had an excuse ;)

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Pretty inappropriate to suggest that his daughter and boyfriend are going to get into a serious drunk driving accident.

Even as a joke, that tasteless as **** man.
    Just wondering.....if we should start the collection for bail money now ? I mean...after his daughter lets her drunk boyfriend drive the car and wrap it around a tree.....I'm pretty sure, don't quote me on it, but pretty sure....bail money for Dad is going to be top priority. :)

Which speaking of....how come we have no lawyers here on the forum ? Seems to me, there's a wealth of prospects lurking around.

Dude, untwist your boxers bro....it was meant as a joke, well half joke, as evident by the smiley face at the end.

Besides....you think the scenario I painted is a stretch ? Happens all the time. Point was....a teenager is more likely to wrap a car around a tree because of their inexperience and poor judgement as a driver. You can choose to total out an expensive car or a cheap car. Granted not all teens are like that Obviously but the odds are not in your favor.

Nothing inappropriate about that, just friendly advice, and an opinion is all.

@tonyb

I was not and am not offended by your comments or anyone else’s. I appreciate all of them and respect them. I can’t say I went into this blind. I came very close to walking away from it.

I have wanted one for a long time and want to share it with Jordan (my daughter). She actually wants a Charger.

Not sure how everything will end up working out, but with all the options and electronics on the vehicle I’m sure there will come a time of regrets.

Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • vmaxer
    Options
    Pretty inappropriate to suggest that his daughter and boyfriend are going to get into a serious drunk driving accident.

Even as a joke, that tasteless as **** man.
    Just wondering.....if we should start the collection for bail money now ? I mean...after his daughter lets her drunk boyfriend drive the car and wrap it around a tree.....I'm pretty sure, don't quote me on it, but pretty sure....bail money for Dad is going to be top priority. :)

Which speaking of....how come we have no lawyers here on the forum ? Seems to me, there's a wealth of prospects lurking around.

Dude, untwist your boxers bro....it was meant as a joke, well half joke, as evident by the smiley face at the end.

Besides....you think the scenario I painted is a stretch ? Happens all the time. Point was....a teenager is more likely to wrap a car around a tree because of their inexperience and poor judgement as a driver. You can choose to total out an expensive car or a cheap car. Granted not all teens are like that Obviously but the odds are not in your favor.

@tonyb

I was not and am not offended by your comments or the comments of anyone on this thread.

I asked for advise and I got it - can't say I went into this blind now can I?

@Clipdat - thank you, I'm not sure you completely understood Tony? He is a great guy and I appreciate his input and honesty, he has a valid point.

As I said, I have wanted an X5 for a long time and when this one popped up I jumped. I am afraid I will have regrets at some point, such is life.

Again, thank you to everyone who responded to this thread!!
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    ^^^ Sounds pretty valedictory :)

Enjoy the new-to-you car!!!
  • vmaxer
    Options

You is gonna have to do some ‘splainin on that to this hillbilly.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    vmaxer wrote: »

You is gonna have to do some ‘splainin on that to this hillbilly.

Careful Billy Doc's 'splainin could be a can of high profile multi Syllable words...
    I'll let you borrow the thesaurus :D
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    edited March 2018
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Careful Billy Doc's 'splainin could be a can of high profile multi Syllable words...

I think you need to look up the word "thesaurus" in the dictionary. :p
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

I think you need to look up the word "thesaurus" in the dictionary. :p

I keep trying to find another word for thesaurus.

"Valedictory" literally means a summary farewell (as is given by the valedictorian in a graduation). More broadly, I use it to mean a synopsis, even as the "last word", of a discussion.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    oh, speaking of great cars for one's kids -- I stumbled across this photo from Fourth of July parade here in northern NH a couple of years ago.

Your kid could be the envy of his or her or their peer group with a Renault Dauphine! :) With or without a faux cheval in the passenger seat.

19419689051_682bcfe941_h.jpg133 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Sorry @tonyb , I reacted poorly to the joke because I've had two family members killed because they were hit by drunk drivers. It just seemed like a topic that shouldn't be taken lightly or joked about.

I would hate for anything to happen to @vmaxer's daughter (or bf) behind the wheel, that's all.

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Day late snd a dollar short. All the mechanics that I respected said BMW is over rated they said Benz was the way to go. Granted that was a really long time ago. My first Benz was an 06? And it was a tank with the finess of an F-16
  • vmaxer
    Options
    Sorry @tonyb , I reacted poorly to the joke because I've had two family members killed because they were hit by drunk drivers. It just seemed like a topic that shouldn't be taken lightly or joked about.

I would hate for anything to happen to @vmaxer's daughter (or bf) behind the wheel, that's all.

I appreciate that @Clipdat

I have no problem with @tonyb post

I am sorry to hear of your loss.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE