I’ve just had a revelation

A Passage Cryo-Silver Reference umbilical power cable that is!

knv0de7qg1at.jpeg

One of the single best tweaks I’ve made to date. Talk about a revelation!

I only have about 10 hours on this guy. Will be spending some time with the system today, and provide a proper evaluation.

I was experiencing some sibilance on some tracks, which I’m very sensitive to (it’s like nails on a chalk board). This is absolutely gone, Friggen amazing!
2 channel:
Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
Theater:
Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited March 2018
    Yep, amazing results from Brad's umbilical cords. Like MIT speaker/interconnect cables, very special.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    His umbilical's receive fantastic reviews, and by no small margin either is the sound differences heard. Congrats on the cable man, doubt you could do much better.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    The cable is seriously thick compared to the stock Cary cable, and quite light.
    Here it is in its natural habitat. Was actually hard to bend into place.

y02fh6toiolk.jpeg

Everything is smooth, from top to bottom. The tone is dead on. And noise floor is considerably lower.

I’m actaully hearing details on tracks I haven’t heard before.

2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I think you're forgetting about all the 16 gauge power cord inside the Cary as well as the tiny traces that carry power on the PCB and the miles of cable between you and the power company. Like that 12" cable is really going to do anything... Pff...
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mikeyb128
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I think you're forgetting about all the 16 gauge power cord inside the Cary as well as the tiny traces that carry power on the PCB and the miles of cable between you and the power company. Like that 12" cable is really going to do anything... Pff...

Actually it’s a meter long cable, Get your facts straight troll! :smiley:
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    @mikeyb128 where exactly are you using this?
  • mikeyb128

I’m using this between a Cary SLP 05 power supply and preamp.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• afterburnt
    mikeyb128 wrote: »

Wonder if they make one for an Auralic linear ps?
  • mikeyb128
    I’m not sure. I’ve been eye balling that skinny little cable to my Auralic. I might make a DIY one. My DIY power cables kick ****.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• afterburnt
    Make me a kick **** one and I will gladly pay Tuesday for a kick **** cable today. B)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    mikeyb128 wrote: »

Wonder if they make one for an Auralic linear ps?

Bruce, he'll make whatever you need.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• afterburnt
    @F1nut , didn't see contact info on the site
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    http://www.revelationaudiolabs.com/contact/index.htm B)B)B):o:o:o:D:D:D

We'd love to hear from you.

e-mail: brad@revelationaudiolabs.com
    phone: (386) 302-0664
    Revelation Audio Labs, Inc.
    2 Pine Cone Drive #354061
    Palm Coast, FL 32137
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a