Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    40826922922_451983ee0b_h.jpgat Harada Audio Lab. by silver_night 300b, on Flickr

The caption of this photo says "At Harada Audio Lab".
    Looks like a lot of fun and completely terrifying at the same time :)
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    ^^^Cable management is apparently overrated. :)

In the second pic, is there a story/explanation behind that turntable ?
    I have Google on hot standby, so fire away. :#
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    edited March 2018
    It looks to be a Garrard 401.
    The arm on the left is a SME
    the one on the back is one of these:

26699318989_888e06cf41_b.jpgEXPERT LONDON N.2 1952 by silver_night 300b, on Flickr
    26890045029_8d7a3f7f78_b.jpgEXPERT LONDON N.2 1952 by silver_night 300b, on Flickr

These photos are (all) from Joseph Esmila's Tribute to "Sound Practices" Flikr group :)

Sound Practices was Joe Rosen's epochal magazine of the early 1990s that helped, in a big way, rekindle interest in SET amplifiers and high-sensitivity
    (ahem, horn) loudspeakers in a big way -- particularly in the US. Interest in that stuff never quite went away in Asia. :)

https://www.flickr.com/groups/tribute_to_sound_practices/

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    @nbrowser quiz time. Tell me what's wrong in these two photos of my car that I took on Sunday.

znwu0p9q889y.jpg

9h2cf4pzdjej.jpg
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    1. Hydraulic actuator leak? Blown internal o-ring?
    2. Engine oil cooler leaking? Could just be the filter seal.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Clipdat
    Clutch slave cylinder leaking fluid for some reason. I've been told that it's "normal" for them to weep like this, which I don't really agree with. If you look closely you can see little brown bits. Like you said, I think some internal seal must've given out. I will need to get this addressed I think. Clutch still feels/engages fine though.

Yep, my oil cooler was leaking and made a huge mess. At first I assumed it was one of the orings or gaskets that had failed. I took it apart and noticed the center bolt that holds everything together was loose and there was actually a few mm of play between the top of the bolt head and the Mocal sandwich plate assembly. Not good. Apparently it loosened up over time or I inadvertently loosened it when I was doing my oil change and removing the oil filter.

I was pretty annoyed about the oil getting everywhere, but after I took it apart and put it back together while making sure to snug up that center bolt, I don't see anymore leak like there was.

I did notice a slight weeping of oil coming down from the seal between the Mocal plate and black aluminum adapter/spacer, but it's very slight so I think it might just be excess oil that I used to lube the oring/gasket before I assembled everything. At least that's what I hope.
    verb wrote: »
    1. Hydraulic actuator leak? Blown internal o-ring?
    2. Engine oil cooler leaking? Could just be the filter seal.

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Zooming in, the fork boot looks like it has grease around it... That could easily cause the weep if it got warm (the grease starts to separate and the thinner portions will wick).

I'm going in with Subaru... As that's a longitudinally mounted trans.
  • Clipdat
    Correct. It's a Scion FR-S, aka Subaru BRZ.

I don't recall this area ever weeping/leaking like this. I don't like it. Not one bit. I need to find a competent mechanic to take it to to fix it.
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Zooming in, the fork boot looks like it has grease around it... That could easily cause the weep if it got warm (the grease starts to separate and the thinner portions will wick).

I'm going in with Subaru... As that's a longitudinally mounted trans.

• FestYboy
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Correct. It's a Scion FR-S, aka Subaru BRZ.

I don't recall this area ever weeping/leaking like this. I don't like it. Not one bit. I need to find a competent mechanic to take it to to fix it.

Wipe off the excess and Hose it down with non-chlorinated brake clean first (then add just a touch of grease to the pushrod tip). If it's not the grease weeping, it'll show up again. If it was the grease weeping, the you've just taken care of the issue. Also, it might be time to flush the system as a regular maintenance item...
  • Clipdat
    edited March 2018
    Sounds like a royal pain in the **** that I'd rather pay someone to do, but thanks for the advice. It's in a kindof hard to get area. I had to lean over super far and contort myself just to get that photo of it. It would be tricky to work on that area with any sort of accuracy.

Car only has 25k miles on it, so I'm surprised to see anything abnormal on the clutch slave cylinder. That being said they are 25k HARD miles as I don't baby my car.
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Wipe off the excess and Hose it down with non-chlorinated brake clean first (then add just a touch of grease to the pushrod tip). If it's not the grease weeping, it'll show up again. If it was the grease weeping, the you've just taken care of the issue. Also, it might be time to flush the system as a regular maintenance item...

• Clipdat
    No, but I posted a video the other day that I thought you would like, not sure if you saw it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3ndeXiZUeM
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Anymore...tests? lol

• Clipdat
    lol, I know that. Watch the video.
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Didn't see it...but just the text alone screams that's just plain WRONG! You should never use anything on your wheel studs...always keep em dry.

• FestYboy
    Never do that! :o

At the very most, a light coating of 3in1 or equivalent for rust prevention is all that's needed. Seen too many loose lugs, or over torqued lugs with stretched threads. Either way it's a bad idea.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    My grammar class...
    fbd3jhj9inwz.jpg
    Maybe they should take a grammar class lol
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    My grammar class...
    fbd3jhj9inwz.jpg
    Maybe they should take a grammar class lol

Right after the copying class ? lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mlistens03
    edited March 2018
    Picture of the LSis in my new setup. I redid everything, here is a picture of them from my listening position:
    bk7lxlivcvx7.jpg
    Seriously though, I am redoing my setup, and they are just here for the hour or so everything is in the state of moving.
  • mhardy6647
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Seriously though, I am redoing my setup, and they are just here for the hour or so everything is in the state of moving.

I am empathetic.
    I did a housecleaning upstairs one day. It was harrowing ;)

24384852871_c52a6d92da_h.jpg022 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • mlistens03
    Ha, that looks way harder than this. Here is what my rebuild is looking like so far.
    wxcx5oku22fl.jpg
    k8eetig92okc.jpg
    I need a bigger room.
    While I’m here, is it ok to use the high level inputs on my Velodyne CHT-10 and not use the outputs? I was going to hook it up like that for serious listening, but I don’t want the filter that is in the Velodyne to mess with the sound quality of the polks.
  • FestYboy
    That's funny stuff right there.
  • FestYboy
    Instant slip n' slide
  • sandworms
    sandworms Posts: 1,043
    I want one!
    Samsung pn64f8500
    Sonus faber venere 2.5
    Sf venere center
    Oppo 105d
    Squeezebox touch
    Parasound hca1500a
    Apc power filter
    Audioquest cables asst
    Polk rtia3 SB
    Polk fxia6 sl,sr
    Dual hsu vtf3 mk3

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Looks like fun, but most likely one-and-done. Aircraft emergency slide I presume?
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    This one is for you John... ;) A 71 Dodge Demon for sale down the road from me.
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/160918417953383
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    edited March 2018
    Tony M wrote: »
    This one is for you John... ;) A 71 Dodge Demon for sale down the road from me.
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/160918417953383

That's close to Lumberton. I wonder if Frank Booth ever owned that car? :p He liked Mopars.