Who's making the best sounding car amp today?

13»

Comments

• codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 1,370
    tonyb wrote: »
    Check these out, though I think they are in the process of revamping the lines.

http://www.butleraudio.com/car.php

Interesting Tony. I would figure the price to be higher but they are VERY reasonable for the quality.
    Living room

Mains: Paradigm 90P
    Lows: Velodyne CHT12, Pioneer SW-8Mk2
    Power: Marantz SR7000
    Tv: Samsung UHD 55' Curved 4k

2 Channel Den

Mains: SDA2B Upgraded XOs and Binding Posts
    Pre: Denon PRA-1200
    Power: Yamaha AV34
    TT: Pioneer PL510
    Tv: Samsung UHD 55' 4K

Noggin Rockin'

Phillips L2
    Grado SE80
    Harman Kardon CL
    Little dot 1+/GE JAN 5654w

Closet of Dreams:

Harman Kardon AVR130
    Yamaha HTR5590
    Polk RTA11TL
    Polk TSI200s
    New Large Advents 25th Anniversary Edition
    Bravo V2/RCA Clear top Conn branded 12AU7

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 29,059
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 7,914

Geez if I was even remotely close to that I'd give it an honest shot in my truck!
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
    nbrowser wrote: »

Geez if I was even remotely close to that I'd give it an honest shot in my truck!

Shipping should be cheap considering the size.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

heh that's what you think...cost me $30 to send a 3Lb video card to a place just outside of LA from here in the Vancouver area...international shipping is a killer man.
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.

heh that's what you think...cost me $30 to send a 3Lb video card to a place just outside of LA from here in the Vancouver area...international shipping is a killer man.

Well then, move your arse south, not like we don't need mechanics here too ya know. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Well then, move your arse south, not like we don't need mechanics here too ya know. :)

America wouldn't want me...I'm too nice...lol.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 9,831

Two weeks in the hood, we'll fix that right now.
    Have Tony take you to the south side
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

I doubt it...I'd need a sponsor and all that jazz plus the paperwork to actually do anything down there would be too much lol.
    I'll sponsor ya....kinda like AA right ? :) Seriously, that Butler car amp would be worth some extra shipping charges or a drive over the border to a fellow Polkie's house to pick it up.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 14,497

You quit smoking. You being nice ended with that last puff.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
    DSkip wrote: »
    You quit smoking. You being nice ended with that last puff.

Actually, the withdrawals and whatnot didn't affect me that badly. It surprised me as I got through the worst of it ok and so did those around me...except for that one idiot at work that I managed to duct tape to a hoist a few times :D
  • halohalo Posts: 4,016
    edited January 23
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Nothing against the South side of Chicago, but the Southwest side or West side would be an adventure as well.

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 3,534
    Whoopsie daisy. Nice try.

Reported.
    Got Dayens?
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,326
    @Clipdat I'm not seeing a violation with that post, unless I missed one? There's a link, but it appears to be just a blog... he's not selling anything.
    I recall Xtant being a major player the the SQ scene back in the day... And you can still get them! Class A/B to boot.
    It's a first post and it just reeks of cleverly disguised foreign spam. Especially with the way it's written and how the link is made to be on "subwoofers up to 12-inch size".
    FestYboy wrote: »
    @Clipdat I'm not seeing a violation with that post, unless I missed one? There's a link, but it appears to be just a blog... he's not selling anything.

Got Dayens?
    Clipdat wrote: »
    It's a first post and it just reeks of cleverly disguised foreign spam. Especially with the way it's written and how the link is made to be on "subwoofers up to 12-inch size".

I'll admit it's written oddly, but still... English might not be his primary language?
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,938

I'll admit it's written oddly, but still... English might not be his primary language?

There's an embedded link...
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
    And... ? If my phone would let me, I'd embed links too. Sometimes it just keeps the flow.

Or are we not allowed to embed? I can't so it won't make a difference to me.
    If I missed something in the rules, please advise.
    edited March 22
    It's just a link to a generic spammy site. Probably makes money on click-throughs/page views/banner loads, etc.
    And... ? If my phone would let me, I'd embed links too. Sometimes it just keeps the flow.

Or are we not allowed to embed? I can't so it won't make a difference to me.
    If I missed something in the rules, please advise.

Got Dayens?
    It's just a link to a generic spammy site. Probably makes money on click-throughs/page views/banner loads, etc.

Fair enough, I concede the line of inquiry.

Bact to the OP! (Feeling a little lazy, so if this is a duplicate suggestion...) Soundstream comes to mind (old school again, I know, but hey, if it's good stuff...)
13»