Who's making the best sounding car amp today?

13»

Comments

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    tonyb wrote: »
    Check these out, though I think they are in the process of revamping the lines.

http://www.butleraudio.com/car.php

Interesting Tony. I would figure the price to be higher but they are VERY reasonable for the quality.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    nbrowser wrote: »

Geez if I was even remotely close to that I'd give it an honest shot in my truck!

Shipping should be cheap considering the size.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb

Geez if I was even remotely close to that I'd give it an honest shot in my truck!

heh that's what you think...cost me $30 to send a 3Lb video card to a place just outside of LA from here in the Vancouver area...international shipping is a killer man.

Well then, move your arse south, not like we don't need mechanics here too ya know. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474

heh that's what you think...cost me $30 to send a 3Lb video card to a place just outside of LA from here in the Vancouver area...international shipping is a killer man.

Well then, move your arse south, not like we don't need mechanics here too ya know. :)

America wouldn't want me...I'm too nice...lol.

Two weeks in the hood, we'll fix that right now.
    Have Tony take you to the south side
  • tonyb
    I'll sponsor ya....kinda like AA right ? :) Seriously, that Butler car amp would be worth some extra shipping charges or a drive over the border to a fellow Polkie's house to pick it up.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited January 2018
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Two weeks in the hood, we'll fix that right now.
    Have Tony take you to the south side

Nothing against the South side of Chicago, but the Southwest side or West side would be an adventure as well.

Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Whoopsie daisy. Nice try.

Reported.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    @Clipdat I'm not seeing a violation with that post, unless I missed one? There's a link, but it appears to be just a blog... he's not selling anything.
  • FestYboy
    I recall Xtant being a major player the the SQ scene back in the day... And you can still get them! Class A/B to boot.
  • Clipdat
    It's a first post and it just reeks of cleverly disguised foreign spam. Especially with the way it's written and how the link is made to be on "subwoofers up to 12-inch size".
    FestYboy wrote: »
    @Clipdat I'm not seeing a violation with that post, unless I missed one? There's a link, but it appears to be just a blog... he's not selling anything.

• FestYboy
    Clipdat wrote: »
    It's a first post and it just reeks of cleverly disguised foreign spam. Especially with the way it's written and how the link is made to be on "subwoofers up to 12-inch size".

I'll admit it's written oddly, but still... English might not be his primary language?
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638

I'll admit it's written oddly, but still... English might not be his primary language?

There's an embedded link...
  • FestYboy
    And... ? If my phone would let me, I'd embed links too. Sometimes it just keeps the flow.

Or are we not allowed to embed? I can't so it won't make a difference to me.
    If I missed something in the rules, please advise.
  • Clipdat
    edited March 2018
    It's just a link to a generic spammy site. Probably makes money on click-throughs/page views/banner loads, etc.
    And... ? If my phone would let me, I'd embed links too. Sometimes it just keeps the flow.

Or are we not allowed to embed? I can't so it won't make a difference to me.
    If I missed something in the rules, please advise.

• FestYboy
    It's just a link to a generic spammy site. Probably makes money on click-throughs/page views/banner loads, etc.

Fair enough, I concede the line of inquiry.

Bact to the OP! (Feeling a little lazy, so if this is a duplicate suggestion...) Soundstream comes to mind (old school again, I know, but hey, if it's good stuff...)
  • Hey guys, go for Best 6x9 speakers for cars. I have found some of the best speakers including reviews and prices. With the key features that will need to boost up your mood. You can have many options. Like Pioneer or BOSS audio or Rockford is preferred most for the car speakers and amp. They are making the best sound system now-a-days. And in the market they are trying their best and comes in number one position in the market analysis. This analysis is give according to the market and also the sound system. Moreover, they give features that only few companies provide. Like- Sound processors and equalizers, Crossovers, Satellite radio, HD radio, Mobile hotspots, Bluetooth head units, Internet radio, Satellite radio, CD players, Mp3 players, The preamp, The amplifier and many more. They also give some additional features like- GPS navigation, Expandability, Security.
  • I have zapco studio amps and like them a lot. Go for the ones with Tiffany style rca jacks though... The others are fragile.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge