Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Options

Comments

• CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,026
    Options
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,598
    Options
    Very "interesting" entertainment center: https://eastnc.craigslist.org/fuo/d/vintage-lacquer-entertainment/6521995606.html

00K0K_eRD5I8DeOdV_1200x900.jpg

Isn't it nice how each component has no room to breathe or dissipate heat? Fantastic. And the speakers are up above, with grilles that are in no way shape or form acoustically transparent. Amazing setup.
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    ^^ art it seems, does not always follow function LOL! ^^
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    what's with that blue/gray pole thing? God that makes it worse! And those orange bowl ashtray looking things... :s
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    Maybe that's the draft tube for the rear fan cooling units!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• Clipdat
    Options
    I want whatever drugs the designer of that monstrosity was on when he came up with that...thing.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I want whatever drugs the designer of that monstrosity was on when he came up with that...thing.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    I think you found a stash of mushrooms already.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Let me know what they were on so I can stay away from that kind of drug. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options

Man, just start me out with half...I don't want to do too much like that guy.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    A bevy of Polk speakers for only $50: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ele/d/polk-audio-speaker-system/6535252300.html

2x RT i28
    2x T15
    1x Cs245i - Center speaker
  • Clipdat
    Options
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    I can't imagine that the power cord is stock... And if it is, wow.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Perfect example of more money than sense. To buy those speakers and amps and then put them like that, in that sized untreated room. Crazy.
    FestYboy wrote: »
    I can't imagine that the power cord is stock... And if it is, wow.

• Clipdat
    Options
    Certainly looks like a stock cord:

00L0L_9cuKMxQ7mBg_1200x900.jpg
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Let's not forget their great choice of source: "OPPO BDP-205 deck, Roon Ready used in system as DAC and pre-amp (exceptional high fidelity sound)"

(emphasis mine)
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,258
    Options
    With that toe-in, it looks like the sweet spot would put you about 18" from the fireplace.
    "How'd your feet get burned ?'
    "Well, I was listening to tunes and ,,...."
    Sal Palooza
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    Let's not forget their great choice of source: "OPPO BDP-205 deck, Roon Ready used in system as DAC and pre-amp (exceptional high fidelity sound)"

(emphasis mine)

While maybe not on par with the speakers & amps, the 205 is no slouch.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Fair enough. Realized that after I posted it. But still, an OPPO wouldn't be my "go to" source if I had this kind of coin to throw around. Shrug.
    DaveHo wrote: »
    While maybe not on par with the speakers & amps, the 205 is no slouch.

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    This is a pretty good deal on some infinity reference speakers, listing says there are 4 of them for $200, but they’ve got polycells instead of the original emits :disappointed:
    https://orlando.craigslist.org/ele/d/infinity-reference-three/6524924915.html
  • kharp1
    Options
    Duhhh, he's using the wall as a heat sink.
  • aiconn
    aiconn Posts: 277
    Options
    This looks like a good deal for you Tejas polkies.

https://austin.craigslist.org/ele/d/krell-integrated-amplifier/6535354150.html
    PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/Preamp
    Denon DVD 2910
    Quad 12L Active Monitors
    Marin Logan Dynamo 700W
  • kharp1
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Wow! Nothing wrong with that. :)

Although not the exact model, you get the picture.fjxkrddsiq6e.jpghttps://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ele/d/marantz-reference-sa14-s1-cd/6482650944.html

@Clipdat You should grab it, mine won't go that low.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    How do these Marantz players compare to the Oppo offerings? Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • kharp1
    Options
    I've never owned an Oppo, though I have heard them, and I'd say the Marantz is on the slightly warmer side. Detailed yet smooth. Pretty good dac. Mechanism is whisper quiet. I think you have to jump up considerably in price to better it. Even though I just got the PSA Directstream combo I doubt I'll sell my 14.
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,026
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Audire Parlando Class-A Amplifier currently bid at $351 with under 5 hours to go.
    Local pickup only in Orange County. (85 lbs.) No affiliation.
    https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/50493699
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Is this the same exact model as yours? I thought this one looked newer/older.

Also, it's silver... boooo
    kharp1 wrote: »
    @Clipdat You should grab it, mine won't go that low.

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »
    I've never owned an Oppo, though I have heard them, and I'd say the Marantz is on the slightly warmer side. Detailed yet smooth. Pretty good dac. Mechanism is whisper quiet. I think you have to jump up considerably in price to better it. Even though I just got the PSA Directstream combo I doubt I'll sell my 14.

You will never use the Marantz again after you set to the DirectStream Memory player... it is a couple orders of magnitude better than the Marantz.