Parks Audio Budgie SUT

This is the non-tube variety, and it is in excellent condition. Got it from a forum member here a couple years ago, about the time I got my TriangleArt turntable. Works like a charm and many positive remarks about them here and all over the web.

nnm8brvxhlxz.jpeg

Asking $200.00 shipped, with PayPal gift. I stand behind what I sell, so satisfaction guaranteed or I will buy it back.
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Great price on the SUT. GLWTS.
  • Bigman80
    Bigman80 Posts: 1
    edited January 2018
    What Cinemags are in this?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    They are the 3440’s...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited January 2018
    I've had one of these for two or three years and love it. No hum or noise on idle! I use it with my SoundSmith Denon 103R. This SUT adds "torque" to the music! Great product, price and seller!!
    Carl

• nooshinjohn
    Thanks guys for the bump.

• tallac
    tallac Posts: 2
    This still available?
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 733
    Great seller buy with confidence. This unit was on my short list at one point in time.
    Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Ascend Acoustics Duo Center ; LSiFX Surrounds ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Marantz PM8004 Integrated ; Marantz SA8004 ; Music Hall MMF 7.3TT w/Ortofon Bronze; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Monitor 7 Series 2 with RDO 198s; Rythmik F12SE

Don't cry
    Don't raise your eye
    It's only teenage wasteland
  • nooshinjohn
    Thanks for the bump.

• tallac
    tallac Posts: 2
    I sent a PM over the weekend. Would like to purchase.
  • Hi
    Is the sut still for sale?
  • ratbbb2
    ratbbb2 Posts: 2
    edited March 2018
    If its not gone PM me I'm interested
  • nooshinjohn
    Sorry, but I reserve the right to to respond to one-post wonders...

• ratbbb2
    ratbbb2 Posts: 2
    Understood Please look me up in Audio Circle and Audio Asylum or Agon. not new to this hobby just this site . ratbbb2
  • Hifishark search for Parks Audio and Budgie is leading to your ad. Like ratbbb2, I wasn’t aware of this forum, but am active on other sites using the same name. If you change your mind drop me note.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Shannon Parks no longer makes these SUTs. They are no more. Someone better buy this if they want one at a reasonable price!
  • I’d love to if he’ll sell it to me. Let me know. Regardless, thanks for leading me to the forum. Fun easy going group compared to others. :)
  • nooshinjohn
    Stick around for a while. I have had some very recent horror shows when selling to those I do not know through these boards.

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    Shannon Parks no longer makes these SUTs. They are no more. Someone better buy this if they want one at a reasonable price!

Is he still in business?
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    He emailed me back a couple weeks ago in a conversation about cartridge loading, so I think he is still going strong.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • I was on his website today. Still up, but sold out of Budgies and Hybrids. Didn't evev see SUTs.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited March 2018

Is he still in business?

I think Shannon has just dropped the SUT from his lineup. I contemplated one before John put his up for sale, I had Rogue install 1254 Cinemags in my Ares instead.
  • Shannon is an awesome gentleman. I found my Budgie on Craigslist in my area, but didn't have the dip switch settings, so I emailed Shannon the serial number and asked my question. Even though I wasn't the original purchaser, he gave me the history of it, told me that mine was an early production model and sent me the manual, gratis. For the money, I can't think of a preamp I like better. I've tried a Rega, a Bellari and a few others. To my ears the Parks Audio is much warmer, fuller and musical for the money.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    This is still here,, why? I have Bob’s devices cinemag with the same trannies and it was much more expensive,, for anyone contemplating a SUT this is a no brainer
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • tlarwa
    tlarwa Posts: 30
    Well, I have to give you credit for sticking by your convictions ... but if you do feel the urge to sell the Budgie, I’ll take it off your hands. If not, GLWS. I figured it was worth one more try as I’ve been looking for one of Shannon’s SUTs.
  • nooshinjohn
    Stick around and get to know us... this one belonged to a member here before I got it. My thought is that it should stay in the family.

• nooshinjohn
    So after wrestling with this, I relented and opened this up to sell to one of the new guys... told him more than a week ago he could have it and he replied with he was out of town for a few days, but wanted it and would be in touch.

A week later and still no communication. Unless he is going to be appearing soon on "Locked up Abroad", there is no excuse for the lack of further communication, and demonstrates clearly why I will not sell to anyone that is just a one hit wonder here on the forum.

This is still for sale guys... feel free to make an offer.

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    edited April 2018
    @nooshinjohn dude first the Krell, then the Triangle Art, now the Budgie, What?
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • nooshinjohn
    Just dealing with a lot of putz buyers these days, but the Krell guy was a thief.