2.3 for center channell bi amped on 5x425?

Like the title. Qsc powered cabs for the remaining 5.2 set. Cant afford screen channel yet
Too much **** to list....

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Huh?? You want to use an SDA 2.3 as a CC?

The whole thing is a bit cryptic.
  • SDA1C
    SDA1C Posts: 2,069
    Thats exactly what i plan to do. Anyone done it before?
  • FestYboy
    Umm, not that I'm aware of. I'm assuming you have a very large theater room with an AT screen and the appropriate space between it and the wall...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    SDA1C wrote: »
    Thats exactly what i plan to do. Anyone done it before?

are you going to lay it on its side..... :*
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    edited March 2018
    If your TV room is your avatar then no. No one here has ever done this other than maybe Jesse...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    Nope, not me.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• SDA1C
    Do you think imaging would get lost behind the powered cabs? Need something for a center that will keep up with the k12 as front rear and kw18 subs(2).
  • SDA1C
    Fest, yes I do. Pittdog. No, still side by side with interconnect.
  • FestYboy
    Wait, mono signal into a pair of 2.3??? Super confused now.
  • SDA1C
    Mono but split at the amp. So two mono signals with interaural effect.
  • FestYboy
    Umm, it doesn't work like that...
  • SDA1C
    I bet it does.
  • FestYboy
    Physics and basic electrical theory will respectfully disagree.
  • F1nut
    Mono but split at the amp. So two mono signals with interaural effect.

Ummmm.....no.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• FestYboy
    I'll concede this one point: if there is some type of analog delay placed on one of the 2 speakers after the amp, then there would be some noticeable affect (likely akin to a messed up Doppler effect).

Other than that, absolutely not.
  • SDA1C
    Does the crossover not compensate for time delay from left to right to the ear and vice versa? Seems there would be the same time difference based on speaker distance even if the signal was a simple sine and not stereo signal. Agree the effect would be less but a wider image none the less. Gonna have to try it even if the end result is the purchase of 2 k8 horizontal as centers.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    Don't you need the interconnect cable for the sub bass drivers to work? Or is the non-TL different?
  • FestYboy
    No, there is no analog delay in the SDA circuit. Your ears cannot distinguish the miniscule delay that occurs between the left signal and the right SDA signs (at the speed of light (186k mps), 15ft is nothing. And there won't be an image width change on a center channel signal seeing that both speakers are seeing the exact same signal, AND they'll be right next to each other.
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    edited March 2018
    No offense meant but why? Besides being a really dumb idea this would be a total waste of a perfectly good pair of SDA (SDA = Stereo Dimensional Array) SRS 2.3's, TL's or not.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • F1nut
    That got Tony typing....lol

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    edited March 2018
    gimpod wrote: »
    No offense meant but why? Besides being a really dumb idea this would be a total waste of a perfectly good pair of SDA (SDA = Stereo Dimensional Array) SRS 2.3's, TL's or not.

IIRC you're in the Seattle area. If you need anything hit me up. I'm fairly local (Puyallup)
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    IIRC you're in the Seattle area. If you need anything hit me up. I'm fairly local (Puyallup)

Actually Lake Stevens these days, Thanks a lot & I'll keep you in mind but I'm doing good.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • SDA1C
    Ahh eff it. Maybe ill just part them out. They sure cant keep up with the qsc line. Trying to find a good use for them and the 425 beside closet fodder.
  • SDA1C
    So ive heard all of the "you cant do it's" and "it wont work's" how about one of you theorist tell me what will happen. Or are these all opinions with no data or experience?
  • SDA1C
    edited March 2018
    FestYboy wrote: »
    No, there is no analog delay in the SDA circuit. Your ears cannot distinguish the miniscule delay that occurs between the left signal and the right SDA signs (at the speed of light (186k mps), 15ft is nothing. And there won't be an image width change on a center channel signal seeing that both speakers are seeing the exact same signal, AND they'll be right next to each other.

Since the time compensation is from the driver to the ear its speed of sound not speed of light...the second half of your response answers my question though. Thanks. So effetively the ic is not needed and I could make a tv stand out of them on their sides end to end.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Here's a better idea of what has actually been done using in a Polk vintage HT system center channel
    A pair of monitor 5's laying on their side, or a single standing verical...could even use Mon7's if you have a large HT room

And as for Gimpod's response, his post wasn't about theory as e very well understands the SDA's

http://www.gimpod.com/
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • SDA1C
    Thanks t! The 5s or the 425 just wont cut it. These qsc are 1k watt 8ohm powered cabs. I remember gimpod. My 1cs have his boards....I ignore bs attituds these days as they are not more than that lol. Just looking for real exp before moving these bricks around. Ive moved well past the sda line just dont want to get rid of them based on nostalgia and the raft of crap i took from some at this forum to collect enough info to buy them. I see things have changed but realky stayed the same.
  • SDA1C
    gmcman wrote: »
    Don't you need the interconnect cable for the sub bass drivers to work? Or is the non-TL different?

If bi amped i belive you do. If not they will work without the ic.
  • pitdogg2
    edited March 2018
    gmcman wrote: »

If bi amped i belive you do. If not they will work without the ic.

No i think you are wrong. This is not a blade/blade interconnect and it's a 4th generation SDA.