heck yeah and set up thoughts ?

I just got me a 2018 Boston Whaler super sport 130 Polksters !
Awaiting options to be installed, I will have it in a few weeks, with fold down seats, second fuel tank, bow rail and bow cushion, yada, yada....
I laid so much out (down payment/rock/dirt/shipping container/maybe a truck instead of Yaris or Camry to tow, yada, yada), I gotta go poor man this year on my audio with the wife's Dewalt radio and my two Craftsman 19.2 radios as a poor man stereo.
But, next year, I want me some polks on it, just figurin out what, where n etc and so on....
been wantin a boat since I can remember (70's 1000 island trip with grandpa), been blowin it off one reason or another since I gave up my Yahaha Virago back in 2001.
Finally.
What set up should I give my boat named:
SamnElla

xdm8wc8pz9vq.jpg
b5df04ldte2t.jpg
1xo1aou0nvlm.jpg
2jb9fo9dbwup.jpg
17e1z67y6llh.jpg
Onkyo TX-NR636
Main - polkaudio Monitor 60's
Center - polkaudio CSI A6
Sub - polkaudio PSW10
Sub2 - polkaudio PSW505
Surrounds - polkaudio Monitor 40 series II
Front Height - polkaudio Monitor 40's
Audio Outdoors
Pioneer VSX 406 - polkaudio Atrium 5
Shed
Sony junker str-dn2010 with Sony bookshelf floor models and polkaudio R150's
Shed 2
Nakamichi soundbar

Comments

• NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    looks great.......enjoy..........
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Why is it in the house?

I was wonderin' about that, too. It's like the guy who builds a boat in his garage -- then can't get it out of the garage. Hate it when that happens.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    That's a great looking boat. The 40hp Merc will sip gas and give you 35mph or so I'm thinking? I always like the Whalers as even the older ones hold their value. I guessing your pic is from the showroom?
  • JimKellyfan
    JimKellyfan Posts: 696
    yep, pic from the showroom, lol, in my house...If I had a house like that, I would have a bigger Whaler....Yeah, rated to 35 mph....still did not get boat, having another shipping container delivered to my house the 26th....the dealer has ordered additional options then installing, so a few weeks out for boat I gather....Yeah, boat stands for Bust Out Another Thousand I am told.....sad part is I am a wrench turner by trade, the engine comes with a 5 year warranty so long as I do nothing to it, cept pay the dealer 275 for each service, ouch....I was wantin a radio for tunage, but will have to wait as I squelch the bleeding this year, until we sell our other house once the lease runs out....I know boats are a huge expense, but I been wantin one since the 70's, and vowed to get one when I gave up my motorcycle back in 2001. 17.5 years later, voila !
    Onkyo TX-NR636
    Sub - polkaudio PSW10
    Sub2 - polkaudio PSW505
    Audio Outdoors
    Shed
    Shed 2
    Nakamichi soundbar
  • JimKellyfan
    wonderin which polk products to put on it, and stereo if anyone has any idears
    Onkyo TX-NR636
    Sub - polkaudio PSW10
    Sub2 - polkaudio PSW505
    Audio Outdoors
    Shed
    Shed 2
    Nakamichi soundbar
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Whalers have always been top notch...used em in the Navy on the rivers...
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    edited March 2018
    Congrats to you. I used a little t amp with ads 200's on my little 15' boat as I didn't want to disturb anyone else while out on the water. It hardly ever got used and last year I went to a little bluetooth speaker which is just fine.
    I also have 40hp Merc (non bigfoot) and it's been a great motor for the 4 or 5 years I've had the boat. Is your Whaler for fishing or pleasure?
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    VERY cool boat man.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Why is it in the house?

That's not a house, silly. That's the plastic surgeon's office. Remember he said he was having some options installed? Reading, people!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    you're going to need a bigger boat........
  • JimKellyfan
    THANKS
    AND
    LOL
    Onkyo TX-NR636
    Sub - polkaudio PSW10
    Sub2 - polkaudio PSW505
    Audio Outdoors
    Shed
    Shed 2
    Nakamichi soundbar
  • JimKellyfan
    Congrats to you. I used a little t amp with ads 200's on my little 15' boat as I didn't want to disturb anyone else while out on the water. It hardly ever got used and last year I went to a little bluetooth speaker which is just fine.
    I also have 40hp Merc (non bigfoot) and it's been a great motor for the 4 or 5 years I've had the boat. Is your Whaler for fishing or pleasure?[/quot

Both eventually.
    wanna get used to the sand bars n breakers
    then go for flounder and shrimp to start
    yeah, this year will be just the dewalt or the craftsman radios, probably the latter, they are older, don't matter if wet (one was dropped in the ocean momentarily already, years ago) and can be placed, as well as strapped easier than the behemoth dewalt.
    Onkyo TX-NR636
    Sub - polkaudio PSW10
    Sub2 - polkaudio PSW505
    Audio Outdoors
    Shed
    Shed 2
    Nakamichi soundbar
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    Congrats, enjoy it and I am sure you will, love the fact that you fulfilled a promise to yourself, its a great feeling especially when you know noone else gong to make that dream come true....hole in the water to toss money in... sure is like any other hobby, but the smile on your face cruising on the water will be priceless
  • JimKellyfan
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    Congrats, enjoy it and I am sure you will, love the fact that you fulfilled a promise to yourself, its a great feeling especially when you know noone else gong to make that dream come true....hole in the water to toss money in... sure is like any other hobby, but the smile on your face cruising on the water will be priceless

Yep.
    Thanks NotaSuv !
    Yeah, I was on the fence for many years, always finding a reason to say no.
    A day and a half before I bought it, I decided no.
    Then, I was miserable for that time until, I said F it.
    I just did not want that regret when it is all said and done.
    It's only money, and ya can't take it with ya.
    N what was that other one ?
    Buy the beach house.
    I could have gotten an alligator/shark snack platter (canoe or the like), but wanted a bit more.
    Everything used I looked at had one or many problem(s).
    The wife n I don't wanna break down, so this was it.
    The unsinkable legend in small form was just right.
    Now to dream up the right sound system.

Currently, I am thinking Atrium 8's with an 8 ohm compatible head unit.
    I have an old free to me Pioneer for a car (somewhere in the shed, lol), I could stuff in a water tight box for now.
    Thoughts ?
    Onkyo TX-NR636
    Sub - polkaudio PSW10
    Sub2 - polkaudio PSW505
    Audio Outdoors
    Shed
    Shed 2
    Nakamichi soundbar
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Just spit balling here.....I've been sailing for pretty much my entire life. I have a very nice marine head unit and Polk Atrium speakers on board. I bet I've turned it on 5 times in the last 10 years. Getting out on the water isn't about music. Maybe wait until you've been out a few times to see if it's really something you want.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• JLStice
    JLStice Posts: 41
    edited March 2018
    I could have gotten an alligator/shark snack platter (canoe or the like), but wanted a bit more.

:lol::cold_sweat:
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    F1nut wrote: »
    Just spit balling here.....I've been sailing for pretty much my entire life. I have a very nice marine head unit and Polk Atrium speakers on board. I bet I've turned it on 5 times in the last 10 years. Getting out on the water isn't about music. Maybe wait until you've been out a few times to see if it's really something you want.

Cross' tune Sailing pretty much sums it up doesn't it.....
  • JimKellyfan
    Yeah, this season i will roll with the portable tunes, to stop the bleeding a bit. I also got a not so super duty F250 to take the heat off my Yaris towing the boat or goin to the dump (no one gets yer trash out in the stix).....But, wouldn't ya know it, the radio in truck powers up but no sound (or time to diagnose, lol) For now, the cell phone and Pandora, and occasional grab the wife's Oontz, although that is more like a Tincz (tinny sounding)....ehh, water more important really. But, I know I will want mounted tune-age by next season. Even if the polk booms get attached.
    Onkyo TX-NR636
    Sub - polkaudio PSW10
    Sub2 - polkaudio PSW505
    Audio Outdoors
    Shed
    Shed 2
    Nakamichi soundbar
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Congrats on the boat - it's a beauty! Unless you're looking to jam at full throttle, I'd recommend going with a Polk Boom Swimmer paired with tunes on your cell phone. Cheap, easy, waterproof (the Polk, that is), and should give you decent sound if you want music while you're anchored and wetting a line.
  • charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    I just reserved a 17 ft. Whaler for 3 days in Exuma,Bahamas. Cannot wait to leave my hellhole part of the country and lose myself in the Caribbean for a week!
  • JimKellyfan
    scubalab wrote: »
    Congrats on the boat - it's a beauty! Unless you're looking to jam at full throttle, I'd recommend going with a Polk Boom Swimmer paired with tunes on your cell phone. Cheap, easy, waterproof (the Polk, that is), and should give you decent sound if you want music while you're anchored and wetting a line.

I was thinkin two of those paired in stereo this season
    Onkyo TX-NR636
    Sub - polkaudio PSW10
    Sub2 - polkaudio PSW505
    Audio Outdoors
    Shed
    Shed 2
    Nakamichi soundbar
  • JimKellyfan
    F1nut wrote: »

Can we see a pic of that set up ?
    Onkyo TX-NR636
    Sub - polkaudio PSW10
    Sub2 - polkaudio PSW505
    Audio Outdoors
    Shed
    Shed 2
    Nakamichi soundbar
  • Easy Runnin
    Easy Runnin Posts: 501
    Will that be used in salt or freshwater? Either way waterproof marine grade connectors are essential. I run a clarion head unit in a water proof box in a over head compartment and poly planar speakers suspended from a hardtop. Your setup looks very exposed to moisture. I’m thinking you going to have a real challenge with water intrusion.
    HT- Samsung PN50B860/Integra DTR 30.3/Rt55 Fronts
    Rt35i Surrounds/Cs1000p Center/SVS BP1000 Sub
    2CH - B&K MC-101 pre/B&K EX-442 amp/NAD 2400 amp
    Polk SDA1C, Polk Monitor 7, New Large Advents and Polk RTA 8T
    BR - Yamaha CR800/Polk monitor 5
  • JimKellyfan
    I bought last week, the flagship radio from Dual, MGH37BT, a gauge style radio. After looking at my slim options, going with easier install, instead of 4" polks in a box I have to build, I am letting polk audio build my boxes in the form of Atrium 8's attached to my helm, underneath. I am not a tall man, and they will be well out of my way. The head unit is 4-8 ohm, so all good there. It was a display model that sold for 250 at West Marine. Manager initially said, I can go 209. I said nothing. Then he said, I'll do 190. I pointed out the Boss audio, though not as good as this one, was 80 something on Amazon. Then, I said, what's the best you can do. 175 it is I said to his latest reply.
    I'll take it then.
    Sweet ! And yes, I will be jamming full volume (or a facsimile thereof) in some places, no traffic, fishing or homes of course, but maybe buy some bars or beaches. LOL. Gotta rub it in, right ?
    Most of the time, (you need to hear channel 16 while underway), as well as listen for other boats, gators, enough to just listen at lower volumes, (and overcoming engine sounds of course), but we polkies love our clarity and quality of audio, so........

Here is link to radio:
    http://www.dualav.com/marineaudio/mgh37bt.php

Still have to get my Garmin/GPS/depth finder in as well.
    Really frightened at **** the transducer in, so I will let the dealer do that part.

But, workin on the shed it is in as well first.
    A 40' shipping container, last week installed an AC unit and some lights, and a second power line, 20 amper this go around, teaming with a 15 amper.
    Gonna bring in my compressor, a desk, another couple a shelves (4x8 sheet a flooring split down middle, couple 2x4's for support with some angle iron on ends)
    That shed is a great fairly hurricane proof container for the boat, a poor mans garage if you will.

But, realistically, this past weekend was the first not on boat for awhile.
    I did sample just my phone as radio, then my wife's Dewalt radio which almost went sploosh, as did the Oontz we had aboard.

I'll go back to fishin next year or late this year when it is too cold for the wife, but for now it's cruising n getting used to owning and not renting a boat already in the water.
    Big difference.
    But worth it.
    We only live once.

I cannot wait to get my polks on the water too.

B)
    Onkyo TX-NR636
    Sub - polkaudio PSW10
    Sub2 - polkaudio PSW505
    Audio Outdoors
    Shed
    Shed 2
    Nakamichi soundbar