Advice needed

With the amount of smart people we have on this board I thought I would ask for some help. I had listed my beloved Vapor speakers on US Audio Mart, and put local only. I’ve had a few buyers contact me, but all of them want to have them shipped. I do have the original boxes, but have never shipped speakers. Also after reading John’s story about his crazy buyer I’m even more hesitant since this would be the most expense item I have ever sold and shipped.

Shipping wise I know I can have insurance and make sure everything is protected and secure, but what else should I consider. One guys seems serious and we have talked on the phone but what else? Should I ask for references of other deals he has done? Is Paypal might best payment? When you have sold a higher dollar items what did you makes sure to look for? Thanks for all your help and hope my question makes sense.

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I would never use PayPal again for anything. Cash in hand and local only... period.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    It's literally effortless for someone to exploit PayPal's ridiculous "seller protection" terms and conditions to scam someone, and then end up keeping their money AND the item. And PayPal couldn't care less.

As what almost happened to John if he hadn't took matters into his own hands.
    I would never use PayPal again for anything. Cash in hand and local only... period.