Polk Audio SDA SRS Speaker System

Options
Hello everyone. Have not posted here in a long time. Hope all are well. I hope some can offer me some advice. I have an Orginal pair of Polk Audio SDA SRS Speaker System that have been in my family since new. Even have the purchase record. I have them still in my home and they are in like new shape considering their age. I’m just so not know what I should do with them. I have another room that I use as my audio and Theater room that has high end equipment that I just did not have the need for these.

I was thinking of having them sent out of such just to have them inspected and brought back to factory specs if need be. Then just set them up in my other room as a background set. They have always been paired with mcintosh amps and I’ll use the mc2500 that has always powered them (just got it back from mcintosh as I sent it in to have it resertified, have to say was amazed they informed me it was still in spec after all these years).

So if anyone can give me a few ideas on what to do with them or even if I should use them or donate them or throw them out, I would greatly appreciate it. I’d hate to toss them as they were in my family since I was a kid.

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Do not throw em out! Plenty of paths here on CP to refurbish and/or upgrade! Do they currently work? How do they sound? That's the first step. Also post some pics here and there will be plenty of help/advice/opinions offered! :smile: Welcome back!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • TNTsTunes
    TNTsTunes Posts: 751
    Options
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."