Will this work for center speaker with Polk LC-265i

Options
Hi I have Polk LC-265i fronts and LC-65i rears and am in need of a new center speaker. My old one was damaged and with these being older I am not sure what will work best with them.

I was looking at the 265-LS and the 255c-LS as possible center replacements but wasn't sure if either would pair well. They are placed behind an AT screen in my theater so I can use either.

Thanks for any guidance.

Comments

• sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    Options
    Polk claims they are timbre matched to the LSi series which is what the LC series were originally matched to.

How was your old center damaged? Polk may be able to fix it. It might be worth reaching out to them. It can get frustrating getting through to them on the phone though. Depending what they say and if they can help you mention you are a member here and you gt a discount.

Good Luck!
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    You could always look on eBay for one of these speakers, and I believe you would be just fine to use another LC-265i as a center, but once again you would have to look on eBay.
    By my best guess, you would probably be ok with the others you mention (if they are what I think they are, the inwall LSiM center, but if they aren’t, it definitely wouldn’t sound right) but even if they are the LSiM series there are some pretty serious differences that might be very apparent, so I wouldn’t go that route.
    You could also, in theory, get the LSiC, which is the same exact speakers as the one you had before, except it is the non i wall version, so it would have to sit under your tv. Then again though, it is in a different cabinet, and a lot of other differences, so it also is possible that it wouldn’t work.
    Someone correct me if I am wrong on anything (or everything :lol: ).
    Micah
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Oh and welcome to club Polk!