Well this one is amazing - Pass Labs

End of the road amplification.

I heard these in person and they are amazing. I have not a/b'd them against a Boulder but I would suspect they would hold their own. 4 boxes per stereo amplfication. It is local and from a reputable seller.

My friend texted me this ad last night, the one who just bought the Levinson stack and he is in regret.

Man.... wrong time and wrong circumstances for me, maybe another time, but this one is a fantastic deal for someone in the right financial position.

Pass Labs XS Preamp and XS300 monoblocks
Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound

Comments

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Eh, you still have a full month to pay Uncle Sam, I"m sure you can swing it! :p
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    His wife would probably make him sleep in the creek behind the dog house if he bought those.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    No thanks. I will stick with my Pass pre and amp combo that probably does 95% of the XS performance at a much better price. :)

Spend that money on some Magico M3 speakers.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    I haven't checked my lottery tickets yet but I will be eyeing these babies when I win!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    I forwarded the Audiogon listing to Kirk Cousins!
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    And right here in Dallas. Wow, nice, but on another level. I'll stick with my Pass X250 for now.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    edited March 2018
    I'm sure they're good... I just don't know what kind of audio enjoyment return you get for the money.... that's a lot of change.

I have heard his system and it is spectacular, but he has everything perfected including the room and ancillaries. It's hard not to have good sound when you have everything at your disposal.

His speakers have been Raidho D5 then TAD Reference 1 and now Rockport Lyra.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Spoke to the owner, he is willing to part with the amps sans the preamp for $37,900.

If I got rid of the Boulder then it’s a delta $20,000.

Now I can’t sleep at night. If no Kanta 2 then that’s 15. Sell the Daytona watch then I’m at 4.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Do it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    Since he is your friend and local, borrow them for a week or so. Then make a decision.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Joey_V
    I think I can work a payment plan
  • Joey_V
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Since he is your friend and local, borrow them for a week or so. Then make a decision.

It is 4 boxes. 630 lbs without crate.
    That’s impossible
  • BlueFox
    LOL. It’s your money. Exercise is a good thing. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Joey_V
    I dread telling
    The wife of my cockamamie schemes... it’s her birthday next week
  • BlueFox
    Perfect. Buy her a nice stereo. Your daughter has one, so I bet mommy is secretly jealous. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Spoke to the owner, he is willing to part with the amps sans the preamp for $37,900.

If I got rid of the Boulder then it’s a delta $20,000.

Now I can’t sleep at night. If no Kanta 2 then that’s 15. Sell the Daytona watch then I’m at 4.

But you won’t get the full benefit of their spectacular abilities unless you have that pre as well. Not to mention, they were specifically designed to be together, and the only ones in the WORLD.

In for a penny, in for a pound I say.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Joey_V
    I think this cockamamie scheme will be kept to myself....
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited March 2018
    I've got to agree with John. One of a kind has to be kept together.

Joey, why is he selling?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    I thought the part of the sale listing saying they were the only black pair made was interesting.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I know how you feel right now. :p

Been there, but not on this level. :#

What a chance to own some Crown Jewels in our audio Universe. I hope you can swing it some how.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Joey.

Do it man, your a doctor for Petes sake....bill it to medicare. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Joey_V
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I thought the part of the sale listing saying they were the only black pair made was interesting.

It has a couple things that are special.
    1. The black is a custom color by Pass, no other XS is black.
    2. he also had the buss bars upgraded from aluminum to copper with silver plating in addition to a few other mods to the parts that were too "expensive" to make with the stock XS300 (if you can believe that).
    3. Includes Silent Cable umbilical and power cords (saves me more wels power cords).
    F1nut wrote: »
    I've got to agree with John. One of a kind has to be kept together.

Joey, why is he selling?

He is no longer going to be a Pass Labs dealer, he is moving to Audio Net because of higher margins. He says that Reno Hifi is killing his margins on pass labs products to the tune of only 5% profit.

He hates to get rid of this combo, but he needs to for business.

• Joey_V
    Tony M wrote: »
    I know how you feel right now. :p

Been there, but not on this level. :#

What a chance to own some Crown Jewels in our audio Universe. I hope you can swing it some how.

I wish...
    tonyb wrote: »
    Joey.

Do it man, your a doctor for Petes sake....bill it to medicare. :)

lol... let's not go there!
  • Joey_V
    edited March 2018
    I sent out a feeler to one of my other local buddies to see if the Boulder can be picked up by him.

The chances of this happening, me buying the Pass XS300 amplifiers is probably in the range of 5% (but that's how these things usually start, an innocent conversation and then it gets serious).

A lot of things would have to go right and be approved by the wife. Spending a spare $20K to acquire new amps that "might" have a 5% increase in SQ is a little hard to swallow. Though it would be nice to just end it.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    A lot of things would have to go right and be approved by the wife. Spending a spare $20K to acquire new amps that "might" have a 5% increase in SQ is a little hard to swallow. Though it would be nice to just end it.

Christ you whine a lot... :D
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Joey_V
    mrbiron wrote: »

Christ you whine a lot... :D

I still hate u
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    Pass amps are spectacularly superb. Once in a lifetime opportunity if you can swing it.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    joey, heading for divorce. if you get this amp you will have to increase the level of every other piece of equipment in your system plus a dedicated to the hilt room.
    wifey says give me half plus child support, i'm out of here :p
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156