Is This Real Life?

2»

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    I am heartbroken to see that happen, Nightfall. I might also consider finding a LoMC cartridge for it this time. You can use the Yammi cartridge that came with the table. It was also in good shape. That will at least get you through until you get the other sorted out.

BTW, I took out a Sumiko BPS Evo III the exact same way.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    dromunds wrote: »
    Dude, if you want I’ll loan you either a DL-110 or a Shure M97xe if you wanna cancel your order until you decide on Soundsmith

It's all good, Amazon already posted the charge. I do appreciate it though Don.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall
    I am heartbroken to see that happen, Nightfall. I might also consider finding a LoMC cartridge for it this time. You can use the Yammi cartridge that came with the table. It was also in good shape. That will at least get you through until you get the other sorted out.

BTW, I took out a Sumiko BPS Evo III the exact same way.

Sounds like I, we, aren't the only ones. It happens to a lot of people I take it. I don't feel as bad now. :wink:

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I broke off a stylus of a Ortofon Blue within 15 minutes of hooking it up :(

I was loading a 2nd LP with a micro-cloth to keep fingers off of record and when I pull the cloth away it snag the stylus and snapped it off...
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    If its any consolation....we just totaled a 2017 Mazda with 3k miles.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    :#
    Hope everyone is ok kev

I've never broken a stylus but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    :#
    Hope everyone is ok kev

I've never broken a stylus but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express

Quoth Jimmy Buffet:
    Heard about the old-time sailor men,
    They eat the same thing again and again;
    "Warm beer and bread," they said, "could raise the dead."
    Well, it reminds me of the menu at a Holiday Inn.

Sorry to hear about the 2017 Mazda imbroglio above, too :(
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Has anyone done the Soundsmith thing? Is it worth it or should I just move on?

Yes, Opt for the Ruby Cantilever Replacement and the DV will come back sounding better than new. But, you'll have to patient, can take up to 2-3months.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    edited March 2018
    I remember my dad broke his stylus on his turntable, but he didn’t actually break it. The dust over was cracked so me and him went into the garage to fix it, and our St. Bernard ruby came in and rested her giant head on top of the turntable. Didn’t break it off, but I bent it way to the left. Dad was pretty upset with ruby.
  • Nightfall
    Really, Amazon? I mean... really?

TdKm8EL.jpg

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited March 2018
    Didn't they wrap it in the bubble wrap? They just set the Cartridge down in it?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    They must be scraping the bottom for employees now. I heard it was hard to work for the company so maybe they're getting what they think should do the work without complaints. Idiots.

I saw a K-Mart do the same thing years ago. The store has been closed for years now too.
  • Nightfall
    edited March 2018
    They threw the Denon cardboard box into the thinnest bubble envelope ever. How thin the envelope looks at the bottom of the picture isn't photography trickery. It wasn't wrapped in extra bubble wrap. It wasn't shipped in a small box. Just the unsecured box inside a craft cardboard thin bubble envelope.

• Nightfall
    edited March 2018
    If a near $250 and easily (know this first hand) breakable cartridge isn't worthy of being shipped in a box what is? What if you buy a several thousand dollar cartridge? Do you get a box then?

Is the cost of shipping boxes really less than the cost of refunds for sensitive things breaking over the course of all the things they ship out? It must be, Amazon is rolling around in money.

• Tony M
    edited March 2018
    I'm surprised the Cartridge box isn't deformed.

Is it a scenario like my chess set. Also wraped in one layer of the thinnest bubble wrap I've ever seen. Totally useless to me. Somehow the product escapes destruction in one way or another?
  • mlistens03
    I don’t think amazon packages the items, the sellers on amazon do. Unless you bought it direct from amazon. Then amazon packages the items. But everything I’ve bought from amazon (cable, banana plugs, etc.) comes in a nice little box and is organized neatly.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited March 2018
    Nightfall wrote: »
    They threw the Denon cardboard box into the thinnest bubble envelope ever. How thin the envelope looks at the bottom of the picture isn't photography trickery. It wasn't wrapped in extra bubble wrap. It wasn't shipped in a small box. Just the unsecured box inside a craft cardboard thin bubble envelope.

Amazon just don't care. I will not order from them anymore. The last 3 times I've ordered CD's they put 6 in a large floppy envelope. No padding nothing but space and air. They all were destroyed. When i returned them multiple times they came at me like a vicious dog asking why i keep returning my orders. I showed them pictures and asked if they would accept broken merchandise as new? Can you believe they had the gall to inform me they also sold CD jewel cases i could order. I laughed at the reps face over the phone and asked if they to would be shipped the same way. This is no longer the Amazon i ordered from a few short years ago when they would seal CD's between glued cardboard pieces and box them.

Yes mine came from Amazon direct not a retail seller on Amazon. Amazon packed mine not once but 3 times. I even asked that they be boxed and not sent in an envelope yet not once did that happen. So Amazon ruined 18 CD's

I cannot imagine what the return center looks like. I could train monkey's to do a better job of packing merchandise.
  • mlistens03
    Wow. Not the same as my past experiences, then again, while I order things on amazon, I don’t order a ton of things on amazon, so maybe just some things are shipped poorly?
    Did you ever get the CDs or your money back?
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    edited March 2018
    Is the cart damaged? Hard to tell how it is boxed by Denon, but frequently they are mounted & inside a hard plastic box of some sort.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Denon packs pretty good, I'd be surprised if there was damage to the cart but that's a shameful packing job from the Amazon seller. I've had a few CD and Blurays come in a floppy envelope like Pitdog said but no damage miraculously. Welcome to the new world order.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Wow. Not the same as my past experiences, then again, while I order things on amazon, I don’t order a ton of things on amazon, so maybe just some things are shipped poorly?
    Did you ever get the CDs or your money back?

Money back yes but it was a fight.