Looking to change up the rig.....

Options
Long story short, I am thinking of changing up the home theater. Currently, I have a marantz av-7005 powered by a B&K AV5000 series II amplifier. I don't feel the need for separates as i went from the LSi9's to the LSiM703's, which by all accounts are easier to drive. I am looking for a change for simplification and to get the newest decoding capabilities. Ideally, I would like a 4k capable AVR with enough power to adequately drive my speakers.......

Essentially, I would use the sale of the separates to fund a new (or used) AVR. So i guess the questions are, what's a fair price to ask for the separates and what should I look at as far as AVR? I was always partial to Yamaha's in the past and LOVE the pio elites. So best bang for buck i guess? Or should I consider upgrading the Pre- defeats the simplification but maybe is the best option?

Thanks in advance for any guidance and advice.
Shawn
AVR: Marantz SR-5011
Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
Front: Polk LsiM703
Rear: LSI fx
Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
DVD Player: Sony PS4

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    If you update the pre, you'll want to add another amp to account for the extra available channels. Not saying it's necessary but you may like to take advantage of the sound that Atmos affords.