Need some advice...

Comments

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    John do you have serial number of "your" unit?
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    afterburnt wrote: »

It is clearly visible in one of the images in his CD player comparison thread. :)
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    Honestly, I don't think there is any damage. The 'scuffs' look like a trick of light to me. You took nice photos. He took a crappy photo. I think unless he dropped it on purpose to screw with you, it will be just fine. I've been known to be wrong though...Good luck tomorrow.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Viking64
    Sorry I am legally blind in three states and I am not allowed in the other forty seven
    No worries. It was hidden. :p

I am illegally blind in eleventeen states, but thankfully, my days of being a peeping Jim are (almost) over. And "time served"....and whatnot.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Viking64 wrote: »

It is clearly visible in one of the images in his CD player comparison thread. :)

Sorry I am legally blind in three states and I am not allowed in the other forty seven

Man...let's see now....47+ 3....dang it...

xql4ykkzhbo2.jpg
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Rob to me
    You should save everyone the trouble and just email me the shipping label today instead,I will send you pictures of the box so you wouldn’t have to worry about any damage to it

john to Rob
    The biggest reason that doesn’t work for me is if that box and packing material caused that scratch, I don’t want further damage. Combine that with your assuming ir was yours to take to a shop to fix for a 1600 dollar faceplate when it really costs 125 does not inspire the level of confidence required for me to feel assured things will go the way they should.

Had you picked up the phone and called or tried to reach out through audiomart, this would have gone much differently. It’s not about shipping costs... it’s about peace of mind.

See you tomorrow at three.

Rob to me
    It has the factory packing with no damage at all you should have responded to my request when I emailed you

john to Rob
    And I think you know by now that had it been received by me, I would have. For something this significant, I would have picked up the phone.

Rob to me
    That doesn’t a record of what is being discussed

3 Attachments

Rob to me
    The most important point then is for something this important you should be checking your email,

john to Rob
    True, but it would have established contact and been a good way to get us on the same page, and if you had used audiomart to communicate instead, I also would have seen it, but you didn’t. I am still at a loss as to how you got my wife’s email. It is not linked to any of my accounts for audio stuff or PayPal.

Rob to me
    I did establish contact you ignored it

Rob to me
    Now you’re wasting my time

john to Rob
    I accidentally sent you email from her account and not my own. She then placed it in her trash folder. That is why it went unseen. According to the log, however, you only sent one email to thank for the fast shipping and one about the scratch, and no other attempt was made.

PaPal on the other hand, has two emails for me. They notify me of payments/ promotions and such on the one we are using, but for some reason, use nooshinjohn@gmail for other communication, including your dispute. That email is a dead account and no longer accessible. They have failed at least 7 times over the past two years to fix this, telling me that the email we are talking on belongs to someone else when clearly it does not, and I have shown them multiple times they are wrong.

None of this matters much at this point, but that is the truth behind the failed communication. A comedy of errors, that I assume responsibility for, but given the situation, you must surely see that you too, could have done more to reach out.

My best suggestion is that we put this behind us and move forward. I will see you tomorrow at three. I don’t believe SJPD is needed if you are willing to meet me at the gate, but that is up to you.

Rob to me
    No I’m not meeting you at the gate send a shipping label & notifie PayPal about any other of your concerns regarding the shipping

Rob to me
    Tell all these stories to PayPal they are deciding these matters

john to Rob
    SJPD and I will see you at 3...

Rob to me
    No I changed my mind that is not going to work out,please call or contact PayPal I have to go out of town sorry
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Now he's leaving town suddenly?! Oh HELL no.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    This guy is a piece of work.

"It has the factory packing with no damage at all"

Interesting.
  • Clipdat
    He's a lunatic who's changing his story every hour.
    gmcman wrote: »
    This guy is a piece of work.

"It has the factory packing with no damage at all"

Interesting.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited March 2018
    I am leaving for his house NOW! To quote fictional Col. Nathan R. Jessup, "You !@#@#%^ with the WRONG MARINE!"

SJPD will be along for his protection.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Godspeed!
    I am leaving for his house NOW! To quote fictional Col. Nathan R. Jessup, "You !@#@#%^ with the WRONG MARINE!"

SJPD will be along for his protection.

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,506
    Wow!!!!!

Guy is a piece of garbage

Get him John
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Viking64
    edited March 2018
    Rob: "Oh, I just remembered, I am flying to Hawaii tomorrow and I am scheduled to have my leg amputated before I leave, so I don't think I will have time."
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    have your video running, to keep you honest lol
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    This dude has lost his mind
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited March 2018
    Sounds like the dude either wanted a swap a roo, or just a face plate good luck to you. I like keeping my purchases through Club Polk, Audiogon, or the Hoffman forum, great bunch of people. I guess if you had to pick a bad Apple out of the bunch you did a good job. Good luck with this wack job hope it all works out for you.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Go get him. I hope he pisses himself when you knock on the door!!
  • Clipdat
    What if he just refuses to answer the door?
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Go get him. I hope he pisses himself when you knock on the door!!

• oldrocker
    Certainly has that option.
  • Viking64
    I'm not certain, but it sounded like he lived in a gated community.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,506
    Guy is a loser

Bad karma to him
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • oldrocker
    Whatever happens, hope noon gets it resolved and that guy still pisses himself!!!
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    So you can get a subpeona (not sure if this is the correct device, not a lawyer), and have the local constable present it at his door.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    edited March 2018
    Well, us hillbillies handle things like this differently. He would much prefer to see Tony....
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus