Need some advice...

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I need to pay Paypal directly myself, as the money he paid me went into my bank account already.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Don't Paypal's terms give them the authority to yank the money from your bank account in cases such as this? I have a dedicated account for Paypal use. Have not had any issues but have read the horror stories & don't trust them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    DaveHo wrote: »
    ... Have not had any issues but have read the horror stories & don't trust them.
    (emphasis added)

Amen. :(

• nooshinjohn
    edited March 2018
    Here is the conversation I have had so far...
    john to Robs
    Please contact me @ about the return of my Krell CD Player....
    john to Robs
    Please call me so we can resolve this. Your email went to my wife’s inbox for some reason instead of mine. I only found out about this when the collections department from PayPal called me today. I never check them either, as I always keep a zero balance with them.
    Rob to me
    The case is already closed through PayPal the CD player is in the shop
    Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

john to Rob
    Then I need to be paid for it...
    You do not get to keep it and keep my money... I reopened the case today. Call me and we can resolve this.

Rob
    I will respond to you through PayPal or audiomart

john to Rob
    I am a stay at home dad, this email is best for me.

john to Rob
    What type my damage are we talking about? Did you take pictures?

Rob to me
    Yes Here are some it is going to cost $1600 to replace the face plate so I could give you a settlement through PayPal of $1000

john to Rob
    That was not there when it was shipped in any way to form and I have the pictures to prove it. That is shipping damage.
    I want the player back so that I can file a claim with the shipper.

Rob to me
    It isn’t shipping damage there is no damage to the box you will never get any money from them
    Sould have responded to me , I emailed you the same day I reserved the item

john to Rob
    As I said, I never got an email, and younever went through US audio to contact me, called me, as I know you had the number. I want to help, and my record of feed back speaks to that. After the pictures I took were made, it went back in the box and never came out again, so I can assure you it was not damaged by my hands either.
    If the player were damaged at all I would have never bought it in the first place.
    Call the repair shop please and have them stand down on repairs. I will go there personally to retrieve it and save you the hassle. Let’s resolve this like gentlemen.

Rob Wilson to me
    I didn’t think too call you I emailed you & PayPal tried many times to contact you I talked to PayPal a few minutes ago & you can’t reopen the case but I will give you back $1000.00

john to Rob
    That won’t work my friend. I want to pick it up and bring it home. Had I been called, and I do think you should have, or reached out through UsAudio, I would have seen something and acted accordingly. I want to pick up the player.
    My wife should have told me that she somehow got an email from you, but told me nothing until today when I told her about this.

Rob to me
    How much will you settle for
    john to Rob

I will call Krell in the morning and inquire about a new faceplate. If agreeable, I will pay for it and have it shipped to you. I will, after you get it, drive to you and install it while you watch. I build very high power tube amps, and restore many other items as well. I would like to get back what you paid in the first place.

I will make it right, but you must do the same.

I will call Krell in the morning then, and let you know. If it is too expensive, I would like to come and get it on Thursday or Friday at convenience and deal with UPS. They will require everything, and untouched for their claim process.

to Rob
    I just have to ask... was it immediately visible, or did it show up after trying to clean it up a bit. I only ask because it would mean that it was concealed from me at the time of sale by the place I purchased it from, and I would need to fight it out with them.

9:52 AM (3 hours ago)
    to Rob
    The faceplates are obtainable through Krell. They are only 125.00, so your shop is royally trying to rip you off. Get the unit back and we will figure this out.

Rob ...to me
    Ok good

To Rob
    Are you going to get the player back from the shop?

Rob to me
    Just send me a shipping label & will ship it back to you on Friday

to Rob
    I would prefer to come out and pick it up on Friday instead, I don't want to risk further damage

to Rob
    do you want me to go directly to the repair shop or meet with you. I just need to know what time and address.

Rob to me
    No that wouldn’t work for me you will have to send a shipping label with tracking

to Rob
    what is wrong with me coming to pick it up? I want to save the hundred bucks in shipping, as well as reduce any further potential damage.

to Rob
    At first you were ok with me getting a faceplate and fixing it, now you want to return it after you find out just how easy it is to repair at a more than reasonable cost. Forgive me for not having a high level of confidence in your intentions.

I would rather physically having it in my hands and inspecting it personally.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    It seems like a face-to-face is likely not going to happen, perhaps suggest to him leaving it at the shop and you pick it up from the shop.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    He's a scamming ****. Get a lawyer involved.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    M o f o is censored.....seriously!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    Jaybeez wrote: »
    Agreed, lawyer.

Lemme know if you want someone to go with in case of a face to face. Depending on location and timing I may have a law enforcement buddy or two I could talk into tagging along.
    The guy is out in San Jacinto, CA, and the company would be nice. I will be reaching out to the local DA and see what their office says or will do.

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Never used PayPal. A month or so ago I receive a snail mail letter saying a credit account was opened in my name, and if I had any questions call a number. So I call and keep getting voice mail run around wanting my account number and what charge I am disputing. I don't have an account number since the letter has my 'account' as XXXX XXXX XXXX 1234, and I am not disputing a charge. Finally got it resolved, but still waiting for something unpleasant to happen.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2018
    some more...

to CanuckAudioMart
    yes, I am two hour away. I will meet anywhere, and I am just not trusting a thing he says at this point. The damage to my CD player could only have been caused at his hands. I have spoke with Krell and they concur with that assessment. I am also in contact with the Riverside DA and they are willing to consider this as a felony case. Yesterday I filed a police report here in L.A. and am including that with the documentation I have and will be forwarding that to the Riverside DA.

will my fees be refunded for this transaction?

• Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    Agreed, lawyer.

Lemme know if you want someone to go with in case of a face to face. Depending on location and timing I may have a law enforcement buddy or two I could talk into tagging along.
    The guy is out in San Jacinto, CA, and the company would be nice. I will be reaching out to the local DA and see what their office says or will do.

I’m on your route to San Jacinto. Happy to drive out there with you in my dually.
    Big trucks earn respect in those parts ....
  • nooshinjohn
    Agreed, lawyer.

I’m on your route to San Jacinto. Happy to drive out there with you in my dually.
    Big trucks earn respect in those parts ....

Probably more so than my lipstick red Jaguar....

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    What a nightmare. I hope it works out in the end for you John.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    John please get a buddy to accompany you.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    I don't see this guy opening his door for you unless you bring a LEO with you. He is scamming you hard.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    verb wrote: »

Agreed and even better as suggested earlier a Civil Standby with the police. As a Realtor I have done this multiple times with squatters etc. In my experience they have been happy to help.
  • nooshinjohn
    That will be my plan... If I do not get a favorable response today, I will go there with the Riverside Sheriff in tow.

• aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    edited March 2018
    verb wrote: »

Agreed and even better as suggested earlier a Civil Standby with the police. As a Realtor I have done this multiple times with squatters etc. In my experience they have been happy to help.

Ken is absolutely correct! I have gone into REO's (foreclosed homes) for 35 years and have called for 911 assistance many times when properties were found open and abandoned, had squatters or something just didn't feel right. Just call them! They always tell me when they arrive, even if it's nothing, call us anytime that's what we're here for. Usually no more than a 5-15 minute wait as these are not considered priority one calls.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Nice letter John....

....but I'd go old school on his arse.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,558
    He **** with the wrong guy!
    Make no mistake, this Marine will stand for what is right, and I will prevail.

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    This is like a PFB story on meth...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    I would not start with "Former Marine"

By a trusted source I was informed, "Once a Marine, ALWAYS a Marine!"
  • nooshinjohn
    mrbiron wrote: »
    This is like a PFB story on meth...
    Except mine is 100% true and absolutely no fault of my own.

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    USAudiomart has refunded the PayPal fees to me...

Good start..... hopefully a even happier ending...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    "Legal counsel." (my emphasis) Semper Fi, brother. As a marine, I'm sure you will also take your good buddies Smith & Wesson; that dude Ruger is a good one to have along; and that ugly guy who goes by "G"--not much to look at, but gets the job done every time.
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit